FS: 2005 Passat TDI 6 Speed Wagon (Black) & 2002 Golf ALH TDI 5-door (Silver)

a_randy_sewer

TDI
05 2.0 TDI Passat Wagon 6 Speed
Selling both of my vehicles to consolidate into something way less fuel efficient. Got my sights on a 1997 Suburban 2500HD with the 454 V8.
The vehicles and I are located in Frederick, MD.
I've completed most of the work myself outside of having bearings pressed in my the local machine shop. I have all of my receipts from germanautoparts.com available to the next buyer.
I will update the albums with new photos once the weather clears up, until then please enjoy these photos I've taken over the past 1.5 years.
I will do my absolute best to describe the vehicles with the most detail I can recall and provide proof of work through receipts.
2005 Passat TDi 6 Speed Wagon Black 197k miles ($9,000 without the Winter Wheel set $9.5 with)
Yep, same Passat from this Jalopnik article.

ALBUM (going to update with detailed pictures of each wheel, panel, scratch so the buyer gets the real deal)
QUICK: 1.5 Malone Tune, 6 speed, GTI wheels + Audi winter set
  • Purchased with 163,000 miles in August 2015 in Missoula, MT. I flew out and drove it back in 44 hours including stops. Performed amazing although the water temp never rose to operational temperature.
  • TB was replaced before purchase at 160k miles
  • BHW has had the BSD performed
  • 166K replaced the thermostat and temperature sensor
  • 170K miles installed OEM monster mats
  • 180K miles I noticed 1/4" of water in the floor behind the driver seat, I've cleaned the sunroof drains and replaced all of the hoses with better, wider, and firmer hose that will not clog again. Zero issues since.
  • 05/16 replaced the rear pads and rotors, will come with
  • I've replaced the passenger axle at 190K miles, the driver will need it soon. Trying to find the time to complete before sale.
  • 197K I replaced the fan clutch bearing. Still need to put the front end into service mode so I can replace the clutch fan/pulley and install the BFI stub mount.
All oil changes were conducted around the 10k mile mark, I have only used LIQUI MOLY 4100 5w40 synthetic with Mann filters.
I change the fuel filters every 20k and drain every 10. Always used diesel purge. The passat is 5k miles away from its next oil change, I have a bottle of FUCHS Titan GT1 and a filter for the buyer if I don't complete it by then.
I'm sure I have forgotten a lot, going to go through my receipts and see what I have left to cover.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

a_randy_sewer

TDI
I will come back and update the original as I take more pictures and complete the service history portion for each. Thanks for your interest.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
so $4500 for the golf, no go fast parts installed but are in the trunk?

when is it due for a timing belt, 200k?

a_randy_sewer

TDI
so $4500 for the golf, no go fast parts installed but are in the trunk?

when is it due for a timing belt, 200k?
$4,500 for the golf with the VR6/G60 clutch installed, and will come (uninstalled) with the 11mm IP, downpipe, PP520s and the EGR delete.

Pulling paperwork now for when the (PO) Gates timing belt was installed, I'll update with the ODO mark.

Last edited:

a_randy_sewer

TDI

Golf Manual and 2 of 3 keys. (not pictured is a valet key)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I also have the key codes (pulled from VAGtacho) for both Golf and Passat available to the buyer in case you need extra keys made.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Passat Keys (2 fobs) pictured plus manual. (also missing letters from the rear, someone thought they were being funny)

a_randy_sewer

TDI
Interior photos for the Golf have been added to the album here.

Please excuse the dirt, these were taken today after vacuuming. Still need to wash the exterior and give the interior a good scrub.

a_randy_sewer

TDI
After replacing the clutch fan bearing I've noticed a noise coming from the alternator pulley. Just ordered the tool and bearing and looking to replace by this weekend. Should be able to get the clutch fan back in and add the BlackForest stub mount in.

Prairie Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta, 04 Jetta
A big block Burb??? lol, "way less fuel efficient" would be an understatement.

Although I wish we still had our Burb (99 1500) for those people/stuff hauling times, I sure don't miss the constant trips to the gas station. I'd LOVE to have a Duraburb conversion tho...

good luck.

a_randy_sewer

TDI
A big block Burb??? lol, "way less fuel efficient" would be an understatement.

Although I wish we still had our Burb (99 1500) for those people/stuff hauling times, I sure don't miss the constant trips to the gas station. I'd LOVE to have a Duraburb conversion tho...

good luck.
10 MPG.

I don't daily anything anymore so time for a change!

a_randy_sewer

TDI
Will also consider partial trades of the two-wheel variety.

And that means your motorcycle plus cash, I need at least 50% cash to make it worthwhile.

a_randy_sewer

TDI
Still available. Title in hand. Will consider partial trades.

Serpentine belt and belt tensioner replaced.

Brand new GKN axle for driver side still sitting in the trunk to be installed.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
That is beautiful. Can't afford but that would be the perfect wagon with a diesel and manual in the larger frame.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Didn't realize how big Passat wagons were. Maybe it's the pictures that make it look big?;):D

Cool car though. Seeing those in-line TDI engines always make me want to do a small 4x4 truck conversion. And as someone with a 6spd TDI I can affirm that a 6spd is really nice: my blue Golf, ALH, was fitted with one and that thing in 6th does 70mph idling:D

a_randy_sewer

TDI
Didn't realize how big Passat wagons were. Maybe it's the pictures that make it look big?;):D
Cool car though. Seeing those in-line TDI engines always make me want to do a small 4x4 truck conversion. And as someone with a 6spd TDI I can affirm that a 6spd is really nice: my blue Golf, ALH, was fitted with one and that thing in 6th does 70mph idling:D
I don't think it is the cameras adding 10# if you know what I mean. I had a MK4 Golf 4 door and a A4 Jetta Wagon and the Passat is huge! My wife can have the passenger seat all the way back and not touch my 13 y/o's knees.
It's been a great vehicle, just wanted to go bigger which I got the with suburban.
Speaking of which, figured I would throw a side by side of an 05 Golf 4 door vs 05 Passat Wagon:
Code:
05 Golf 4 Dr	05 Passat Wagon
Length	
164.9 "	184.3 "
Wheelbase	
98.9 "	106.4 "
Front Track	
59.6 "	59.6 "
Rear Track	
58.8 "	59.6 "
Width	
68.3 "	68.7 "
Turning Radius	
17.9 '	18.7 '
Height	
56.7 "	59.0 "
Horsepower	
100 @ 4,000 rpm	134 @ 4,000 rpm
Torque	
177 @ 1,800 rpm	247 @ 1,900 rpm
Fuel Tank Capacity	
14.5 gal.	16.4 gal.
Passenger Volume	
85 cu.ft.	93 cu.ft.
Front Legroom	
41.5 "	41.5 "
Front Headroom	
37.4 "	37.8 "
Front Shoulder Room	
53.7 "	55.8 "
Rear Legroom	
33.5 "	35.3 "
Rear Headroom	
36.5 "	37.9 "
Rear Shoulder Room	
52.4 "	54.6 "
Maximum Luggage Volume	
41.8 cu.ft.	56.5 cu.ft.
Interior Cargo Volume	
18.0 cu.ft.	39.0 cu.ft.
Interior Cargo Volume Seats Folded	
41.8 cu.ft.	56.5 cu.ft.

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI
06 pkg 1 Jetta 191k w/Malone Stage 2
PRICE DROP: $9,000 with Winter Set - $8,500 without

Can't believe the wagon is still for sale, but it's such a niche vehicle in an even smaller niche market I guess... most people are more comfortable with a boring ToyoNisHondo even if they're interested in a wagon as that segment seems to have been taken over by the mini-suv crowd...

I might have missed it but what kind of mileage is that 6 speed giving you?

GLWS!!

TDI
2003 Mk4 Jetta ALH 5speed
Dang....I wish I could afford that wagon for sure.
Quick question if you don't mind. I'm wanting to putt the vr6 6 speed in my tdi alh...how happy were you after that install? How painful was it? Lol.