There must be a resolution this must be simple? 6 speed manuel

kennyash

TDI
PASSAT 2001 2.5TDI
Okay so.

Now i have realised that its speed releated if at a standstill it will not rev by itself.

Now when moving EVEN with it in neutral the engine will rev like up then down then up then down slowly getting higher?? How can this happen while not even in gear?? As soon as the clutch switch is activated it stops doing it in gear or not.

HELP Your minds are greater than mine

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Is this some sort of noise that happens? Or is the issue that the engine RPM fluctuates up and down?

kennyash

TDI
PASSAT 2001 2.5TDI
Is this some sort of noise that happens? Or is the issue that the engine RPM fluctuates up and down?
The rpms will go up and down while in gear and clufch engadged and if will jolt me fowards it must be some kind of speed sensor of some kind

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
For the 01E gearbox there are only 2 electrical connectors. The reverse switch and the VSS speed sensor. Neither should have any affect on engine RPM

kennyash

TDI
PASSAT 2001 2.5TDI
For the 01E gearbox there are only 2 electrical connectors. The reverse switch and the VSS speed sensor. Neither should have any affect on engine RPM
I understand but just find it odd only when the car is above a certain speed even coasting they will skyrocket

Is it possible this could be somthing to do with abs sensors?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Hook up the car to a proper scanned and see what it shows. Anything else is just a guess.

kennyash

TDI
PASSAT 2001 2.5TDI
Figured it out...

Believe it or not i swapped the rear wheels for spare steelys which are slightly smaller this cauaed the abs to mess up as was reading the rear wheels as going faster disconnected abs sensor for now and its cured tje problem