How to replace front speakers and fix problem with the rear lights ?

edzha90

TDI
Hi there,

1. I would like to replace front speakers for my vw passat b5, 1.9tdi, year 2000.

The old speakers are using rivets, how do I get them out and afterwards do I need to make a holes for screws ?

What speakers 'model' you would suggest (which would fit) ?

2.When I turn on the lights, car rear central light goes on (as we know it only should go on after you press the brakes) but it's constantly on all the time. This problem has been for ages now but I decided finally to fix that otherwise I get blinking yellow symbol in my dashboard.

I think it's something wrong with the wires, because when lights are off and I press the brakes, front left side 'Capless Bulb' goes on. And the right front side 'Capless Bulb' is not working at all (tried even new bulb).

Also in the rear left side (place where you put your brake light) I use single pin bulb as the double pin isn't working otherwise and if I took that bulb out the right side brake bulb goes off.

Some guys suggested me to take a new earth cable from battery to check out if the earth went bad.

I read on google about similar issues but no-one had same problem as I do.
I excuse my English as isn't the first language, but I hope it was easy to understand.

Regards