• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

FS: RNS-510 and GPS antenna

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE

I bought this about a year ago and has been outstanding.

I only decided to remove it because I have navigation between my phone and iPad. Also because my area is not HD Radio friendly. The bluetooth interaction was spectacular, the hard drive mp3 storage was very useful, and I used satellite radio more than terrestrial radio.

I will not completely miss the radio, since I installed an RCD-510 in it's place.

I will include the GPS antenna, but the satellite extension cable and antenna adapter will not be needed. They will not be needed if you are upgrading from an RCD-510.

VCDS will be needed for coding changes.

I am looking to get $1300 shipped and insured. If full asking price is paid, I will leave my MP3's on the hard drive and I will leave my current Sirius subscription authorized. I just renewed it in February. So there will be another 10 months of satellite radio.

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
via PM on VwVortex said:
I may be interested. Can you tell me more about the radio, such as is this a US unit, or is it one of the UK or some other country adapted to the US? What software version is it? Etc. I'm just interested in a little history since it sounds like you bought it aftermarket vs. OEM.
Thanks
Mac
Mac,

This is definitely a US unit. You can tell by the fact that it has Sirius Radio. That is not available in the UK.

Even reflashing a UK unit with US software will not enable the Sirius radio since the UK unit would not have the Sirius tuner built into the radio.

As far as where I bought it, I picked it up from a GTI owner about a year ago when he had to return his car since it was a lease. I am certain it is a factory OEM part as it has all the right stickers on it, it plugs in and works just fine, and the Vag-Com is able to connect to it. So I have no doubts that it is ginuine.

When I was talking about the software update, the unit was originally Part Number 3C0-035-684, Hardware Level 17, Software Level 0210. When I did the Software update from Vw, it changed it to Part Number 3C0-035-684-A, The hardware level remained the same, and the Software is now 0380.

If there is anything else I can answer for you, Please feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Wow.

Proof that even (certain) vendors can be jackasses every once in a while...

Look, I can set my price at anything I want. If it is way too high, noone will buy it. If it is marginally too high, I am sure someone will make a counter offer. Everything in life is negotiable.

As far as your claim, Close but no cigar.

SteveZ1 is selling a New Old Stock unit (presumable new as in never installed, but old as in it is an older hardware / software unit) for $1450 shipped.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=311195

But his BRAND NEW units are going for $1750.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=254973

Secondly, I am leaving on all my music and the remaining 10 months of my Sirius subscription.

But I'll tell you what. I'll take all the music off and cancel the Sirius subscription and will take the price down to $1200 shipped.

Feel free to contact me for my paypal address when you are ready to buy.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Man are we touchy today, I stand corrected his new units are $1799.00 and he gives a 1 year warranty. And no need for foul language or name calling. You are selling a used unit that is at least 1 year old. You can usually expect to get 1/2 price of new price for a used item. You can't compare your item to SteveZ1 items. You are bumping this thing every other day and when one person has a comment about your price you jump all over him. Not a very good sales practice. If it was such a hot item and excellent price it would be gone by now. I'll give you 800 shipped and you can keep your songs and sirus. Good luck with your sell is you decide to not accept my generous offer.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Sorry sir, but you are out of your flippin mind.

Show me ONE RNS-510 that has sold within the last 6 months for less than $1000?

Electronics do not depreciate as drastically as you may think, Especially when they are a still current item. I could see if this were an MFD2 or even a MkIV unit.

Actually, I can compare this unit to the SteveZ1's items. IT IS THE SAME THING. He has a newer version, but they are the same.

This was only posted 5 days ago. Some say that we are in a recession, so not everyone is as anxious to spend money as we hope.

$800? So you can turn around and sell it for a profit? Don't insult me or embarass yourself like that again.

I'll thank you to stay the hell out of my thread now. I am pretty sure there is a rule somewhere about crapping on peoples threads.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
There are rules about being civil as well. I doing nothing wrong, just trying to find the best deal I can. I am not buying to resell I have a 2010 golf I would put the unit in. And you are out of your mind comparing your product to Steve's.

jetta2000

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta GLS TDI Manual, 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI Auto, 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI Manual, 2001 VW Jetta GLS TDI Auto
Must be Texas for you!!

jetta2000

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta GLS TDI Manual, 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI Auto, 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI Manual, 2001 VW Jetta GLS TDI Auto
People in TX think they are really something...at least thats my take on it...

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ahh, I get it.

Another someone who wants to jump in.

I have been on Vortex for far too long and I am sick and tired of people coming in and thinking they are better than anyone else, and I don't give a rats ass if they pay the site to have vendor status. That does not give them the right to come in and crap on anyone elses thread.

If MTB had been polite about the whole situation and said something along the lines of "Would you consider $xxxx? I am not looking to spend more than that on a radio." or something to that effect, I would have been polite in my response. But he couldn't do that, so I responded how I saw fit.

I don't think I am anything special. I don't think the navigation is anything special. It is a fair price. Like I told him, Show me ONE place where it has been sold for less than $1000 and I will eat crow.

I can show you several threads where the same unit has sold for $1100 - $1500.