TDIFest 2010, the location is Portland, OR

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
jasonTDI said:
Hey guys,

I won't be attending this year. I'm in Redmond,OR in July and with other stuff going on it's just too much. My wife if doubled up on classes right now for another double major degree so it's unfair of me to leave her for a week with a full time job and 2 Akita's at home.

Maybe Chicago next year.....
Oh darn. Akita's at TDIFest? ;) I'd be happy to babysit those two!

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Thanks Kyle.

Vet day today then they went to the Big G's house. (grandma) They are actually sleeping right now after dinner.....Those all day walks will do that!

I'd need a pretty big side-hack to get them both in it!

daneg

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI Jetta JSW
ajlockfeld said:
...and technically Portland is in the US, so TDI Fest 2010 is on labor day weekend, not labour day, eh?;)
Don't worry, we'll bring lots of good Canadian beer, and enough toques for everyone eh! Also to Jason, Ice Road Truckers is old school, the newest kick ass show from here is Ice Pilots. I see those antique Buffalo Airway DC 3s and 4s from the reality show flying over my office almost everyday.

Last edited:

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
so where in pdx is this shindig going down? (I might have skipped a few pages...)

d0nalba1n

TDI
1999 VW Beetle 1.9L Stock
Whats the prize for the longest drive...Im planning on, hoping on, wishing on a star that I will be able to drive my bug to the fest... From Newnan, Ga! She's my first TDI and I am in LOVE WITH THIS CAR! My wife is jealous. She is stock and I know diddly about her. She has 84K original miles, 5 speed, dealer serviced (except TDIDOC who helped with a GP problem... see post) and I would love to let the windows down and zip on out. So if you see a black bug pull up and one very TIRED driver get out.. Its me!
D0nalba1n

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
d0nalba1n said:
Whats the prize for the longest drive...Im planning on, hoping on, wishing on a star that I will be able to drive my bug to the fest... From Newnan, Ga! She's my first TDI and I am in LOVE WITH THIS CAR! My wife is jealous. She is stock and I know diddly about her. She has 84K original miles, 5 speed, dealer serviced (except TDIDOC who helped with a GP problem... see post) and I would love to let the windows down and zip on out. So if you see a black bug pull up and one very TIRED driver get out.. Its me!
D0nalba1n
WAY to GO, now that you have a REAL road worthy car..., take advantage of it!
(Investigate on putting "longer legs" in it, different tires/gear change(s) to make it more high speed suitable since you are crossing the whole USA!)

Welcome to the club!

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Here is my offer if for some reason I cannot go to the FEST.

My house is in Southwest Colorado(about 60 miles East of Durango/off of Highway 160), and there is room for TDI club members who may be passing by.
Like Mtjake, anyone that would like to visit and sleep a while while en-route, is welcomed!

Some club members have been here already, we have probably "the" best thermal waters in the USA and anywhere I know of(FYI)!

Otherwise, it will a looong trip of about 4.500 miles into Canada/Vancouver then the Black Hills,Sd in a clockwise direcion and then back home.
Hope my Husky co-pilot can take the boring-ness of the trip(?).

John
Pagosa Springs, 81147

Last edited:

GregNew2TDI

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan SOLD.
It looks like I'm going down for the Oregon State-TCU game. Maybe I should watch the game up here? Anyone want to drive an 05 Jetta Mk IV to the fest? I'd even let you wash, wax, and detail it!

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
bikeprof said:
Here is my offer if for some reason I cannot go to the FEST.

My house is in Southwest Colorado(about 60 miles East of Durango/off of Highway 160), and there is room for TDI club members who may be passing by.
Like Mtjake, anyone that would like to visit and sleep a while while en-route, is welcomed!

Some club members have been here already, we have probably "the" best thermal waters in the USA and anywhere I know of(FYI)!

Otherwise, it will a looong trip of about 4.500 miles into Canada/Vancouver then the Black Hills,Sd in a clockwise direcion and then back home.
Hope my Husky co-pilot can take the boring-ness of the trip(?).

John
Pagosa Springs, 81147
I can vouge for Johns hospitality -and the view from his home -and his husky. (that ole' boy's still around? or you'd adopt a new one?):) John was most generous and hospitable when I moved across country and got stuck in Pagosa springs for 4 days. cute little mountain town too.

John, it would be great to see you again, at fest. hope you can make it!:D

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
bikeprof said:
....it will a looong trip of about 4.500 miles into Canada/Vancouver then the Black Hills,Sd in a clockwise direcion and then back home.

John
Pagosa Springs, 81147
Pagosa Springs to Portland is only 135 miles.
West to Durango, then north just past Telluride...

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Lug_Nut said:
Pagosa Springs to Portland is only 135 miles.
West to Durango, then north just past Telluride...
Ta-hell-u-ride! mmm.. all those towns, so nice. I really liked that ride when I did it. Durango's awesome :D

I'm really glad to see that this is turning into a great east-west road tripping thread! excellent resources. I'm so happy to see so many members offering up space for the in between stops and really offering great advice about local routes and attractions. Awesome community efforts, guys. well done. keep it up! :D:D

mikeinak

TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
[/LIST]
daneg said:
I just booked our hotel in Portland! The Alaska Coast and Queen Charlotte Islands in BC have been a dream road trip for us and the TDI fest is the perfect excuse for the drive down!

According to mapquest the round trip will take my wife, dog and I over 150 hours to travel 4750 miles, much of which via gravel highways and ferries. We can't wait. When we get there, we might need a paint chip expert and a VW guru to look over the JSW!

Awesome trip. You'll love the ferry. It's a lot of fun and the scenery is beautiful. If you you're going to be in Juneau for a few days, PM me.