Any guru's want to come to reno???

coronan

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf
I've run out of brains and time with my tdi, but i'm not ready to get rid of it.

It developed a knock during start up a while back...
I replaced rods but it still knocks.
I'm out of brains and haven't touched it in 1 year :eek:.

Looking to hire someone. Someone who is comfortable with lots of upgrades.

Thanks!!!

boisebiker

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta 428k, 1997 Passat 230k
Just moved here from Illinois and rebuilt my Powerstroke just before I left. It had about 5 miles on the engine before we hit the freeway for the 2000 mile drive. So I have a little. What makes you think it needs a rebuild? Have you had the head off yet?

Would love to hook up with a TDI group, do you have any other friends with TDIs?

coronan

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf
Well Done!

I went to start it one day. It made a knocking noise. I tore it down. Found bent rods. Put it back together and it still knocks. That was about a year ago. I haven't time or brain power to put into it. Its a shame to let it sit.

I have lots of tools. You wouldn't have to bring any thing, unless its fancy like a dial bore gauge.

Northern Nevada needs its own TDI group. I see enough on the road lately. I've only met one other club member in silver springs.

boisebiker

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta 428k, 1997 Passat 230k
I too have noticed many TDI car driving in the Carson Valley. When you tore down the engine did you diagnose why the rods were bent?

As for the GTG, would love to go but 200 miles is a little far for now. 6 kids, school, work and getting moved into a new home are taking up my time. I am very interested in swapping a CR TDI into my minivan and may need help at some time and a GTG would be a great place to start.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
People come from farther away than 200 miles, so maybe you can make the next one.