Recommendations/thoughts for ECU tuning for 2010 Jetta TDI

Froginluv

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI manual, 2005 Golf GLS TDI, previous 2002 Jetta TDI auto
I have owned a 2005 Golf GLS TDI manual (currently 210k miles) since 2015 and recently bought a 2010 Jetta TDI manual (currently 66k miles).
Golf has RC stage 1.5 back in 2016, didn't feel much of a difference, average 48 mpg for 70-75 mph highway driving.
Jetta has EPA emission fix end 2017 (previous owner), runs strong and feels very solid...but average 40 mpg at 70-75mph. Is this your average mpg as well?
I'm planning on getting an ECU tune for the Jetta, currently debatting b/w Malone stage 2 vs Kerma TDI equivalent with Q Pro+. The Q-Pro+ loader is definitely a big plus for convenience.
Also heard about DPF delete and EGR delete, but not quite sure about pros/cons.
What are your recommendations b/w Malone vs Kerma in terms of service/support and the tune itself?
Would much appreciate any feedback.
Thanks in advance.

BCMurph

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
I’ve had a stage 2 Malone tune with stock exhaust for a little over 2 years, I love it. 2010 Jetta Sedan manual 6 speed. I bought the flashzilla and did it myself. Malone is good with email support from my experience. I’m looking into a Rawtek turbo back since my warranty is expired. No hurries though since the dpf delete can cause issues depending on where it’s registered and if you ever want to sell it.

Froginluv

TDI
I’ve had a stage 2 Malone tune with stock exhaust for a little over 2 years, I love it. 2010 Jetta Sedan manual 6 speed. I bought the flashzilla and did it myself. Malone is good with email support from my experience. I’m looking into a Rawtek turbo back since my warranty is expired. No hurries though since the dpf delete can cause issues depending on where it’s registered and if you ever want to sell it.
Have you seen any improvement in mpg? and performance?

BCMurph

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
Performance, big improvement! Mpg, doing the math, not depending on the computer, its better than after the diesel emission fix, but that solely depends on how heavy your foot is lol

BCMurph

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
I was getting 33-35 mpg, now I’m getting 38-40 on average, but I have twisty mountain roads 30% of those miles that I usually drive with a heavy foot. The rest is freeway, occasionally stop and go, but mostly 70-80 mph, depending on traffic flow.

Froginluv

TDI
I was getting 33-35 mpg, now I’m getting 38-40 on average, but I have twisty mountain roads 30% of those miles that I usually drive with a heavy foot. The rest is freeway, occasionally stop and go, but mostly 70-80 mph, depending on traffic flow.
Went to dealership to clear engine light (code P2002), looks like they forced a regeneration then drove it to clear the error. Covered under extended emission warranty, which is valid through January 2022 :D:D:D.
I really want to get an ECU tune, but this would void the warranty...2 years seem a long time to wait. Any thoughts :confused:?

Froginluv

TDI
Engine light back on while on highway :mad::mad::mad:...Does it mean regeneration does not kick off? Or DPF clogged?
Not sure if any impact, but previous owner wasn't driving car much since emission fix in 10/17 (5k miles a year)
Anywayz, looks like another dealership service is needed :(