Anyone still have their TDI's?

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
The glow plug itself will block shavings from going down while you drill it out. Once you remove the stuck plug you can insert a wad of toilet paper or cotton ball while you either clean up the threads or time-sert.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I’m in Paris for a couple of weeks and there’s plenty of tdi vw and Audi running around. I don’t have any anymore but I was always interested in these we don’t get in the US. I also have some touran tdi pics but they are too big to load IMG_8617.jpegIMG_8704.jpeg

Last edited:

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Yes I loaded the wrong picture 😂. I was trying to put the Polo and touran tdi but I grabbed the wrong one. I will delete the Audi. Thanks for noticing.

krook

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 B5 AWX, A4 B5 AFN
ohh this polo is my favorite, i had this in 1.2 petrol for a first car :D it's pretty scary they came with pd130/pd150 :D sadly, the most common TDIs in this body are the 3 cylinder 1.4 PDs and not the fun ones :D

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I always though VW should bring the Polo over as a beetle replacement. Something to offer towards to the bottom of the $$ chain. It would have been a good option against the Civic class, but then again, I'm only the consumer with money to burn.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
The original new Beetle was going to be built on the Polo platform, but I'm guessing it was easier to federalize the Golf platform.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
05 Passat wagon 340k, still driven daily, and with regular service, the original AT performs just fine. My local guru, KCTDI has been a prince. This car still puts a smile on my face. Major weak spot, besides cam and balance shaft module, is the door locks. I have replaced driver's door lock 3 times other 3 doors once each, and rear hatch once.