2002 Jetta 5 speed FS

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
Kicking around the idea of selling the Jetta for something bigger.

2002 GLS
5 speed
166k miles
Koni Red Suspension
Neuspeed Sway Bar
TT LCA bushings
1.5" lift spacers
17" GTI wheels and nearly new tires
Cat fuel filter
GTI perforated steering wheel
MK5 seat swap
Outdoor air temp
Hella E-Code headlights
Aspherical Split side mirrors (Don't know how people drive without these, best thing ever)
RC3 Euro
Sachs G60/VR6 clutch
Brand new VNT-17
Big lower IC pipe/pancake
Big SMIC
Whitbread DP and high flow Cat
Boost and EGT gauge
TB done 10k ago, 100k parts

Car is very clean inside and out.

The bad: The car has a salvage title. Several years ago I was sideswiped and pushed up over a curb. Damage to pass side (right inbetween the doors), bent rear axle and curtain air bags from the curb climb. I replaced the axle and drove it for a few weeks while waiting for the right shop. As it goes these days a salvage situation is often a referendum on the price of labor as opposed to the damage done to the car. I had it fixed properly (not a drop of bondo, they replaced the skin on the right side of the car with OE parts. The piece was called the aperture.) Its been problem free since. I think I've got a picture of two of it before it was repaired in my photo album on this site. It has a dent on the roof about the size of a quarter and a scratch down the pass rear window from a bike falling off the roof rack several years ago.
I'll take some pics here shortly. Like I said I don't think you'll find a cleaner one. Runs very, very well. Everything is tight, doors, shifting, suspension, steering.

It's lived in a garage its entire life.

$5500

Last edited:

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Located an hour north of San Diego.

Two weeks ago I drove it across the fiery desert to the Grand Canyon and back, and while everyone says this, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country.

Also: Taller 5th gear (.685 ratio?) and Hidden Hitch.

Last edited:

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Also, Ipod communication adapter and Thule roof rack

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
$5000, update.

Last edited:

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I just installed the 17 a few weeks ago and haven't sent the ECU back to Jeff yet. I can only tell a minor, minor difference in lag as compared to the 15 and the 17 tops out at 21 now, so it's really not a priority. The car hauls the mail just fine.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
For sale again. Car now has 181k miles. The more MKIV's I see the more I see how clean mine is.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I built brackets with grade 8 hardware. Front and rear, lots more comfortable and durable than the mouse fur velor originals. So many people asked for pics of the brackets but it's pretty much impossible without removing the seats to get a decent picture.

Also, in regards to the car, I've got a bunch of extras. Spare ECU, quite a few door parts and rear windows, interior door cards and probably a lot of things I'm forgetting too.

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Thats pretty cool ive been trying to figure out how to install mk5 seats since the are easier and cheaper to find for some reason. And your car is really clean i like it! Im sure who ever ends up with it will not be disappointed!

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sold. Kudos to VW for building such a great car. I won't forget it.