Window regulator

venudeloin

TDI
07 Golf City
G’day! I’d posted this on VWVortex but haven’t gotten any help as of yet, so figured I’d try posting here too just in case.

I replaced my lock module in the drivers door of my 07 Golf City because it wasn’t locking anymore. (I know it’s not a TDI, but it’s a Mk4.) Once I put the door back together, I realized that the window wasn’t going all the way down. So I took it apart, realized that the glass wasn’t fully into the clamps, and figured I’d fix it...

Well it worked perfectly for the first three up and downs, and then it would stick out just a couple mm. Whether I use one click, or keep the button pressed, same thing, it closes all the way but doesn’t open all the way, though I can push it done further with my hand, and if I play with the button up and down, it seems I can use the window’s inertia to make it go down.

If I disconnect the battery, or unplug the window control module, and then reconnect it, it works fine again for the first 1 or 2, sometimes 3 rounds then sticks out a couple mm. It seems like it learns the positions wrong. I also tried taking out the window controller and making it go up and down on its own. This has the same effect as unplugging it. Works at first, then stops working.

It’s so annoying! Only a couple mm! Anyone have any ideas? Or should I replace the window control module?

Thanks!

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
My first thought was bushings, however, it working correctly on occasion says otherwise.
I would love with it personally, but you could try swapping a junk yard part in.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
for the pay off, i would leave it, otherwise your looking at a new module.

venudeloin

TDI
07 Golf City
Yup, I did that, and it works while it’s learning them, and then it’s like it learns them wrong and goes back to its stubborn ways!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
check the window seats. possible that something is wedged up in there and its learned to sit short? Had this issue with sun visor inserts.