BEW TDI EGR cooler delete- emissions

JettaCR140

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 2004 Golf BEW TDI, 2010 Jetta CR TDI (buyback)
My EGR cooler was shot + leaking so I deleted it, now I have a p0401 CEL. Is there a way to ONLY delete the p0401 code so it'll pass OBD2 readiness?

I see that Malone deletes P0401, P1400, P1495, P2425, and "other EGR related fault codes" but I'd only like the p0401 gone.

Thanks in advance!

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
You will need to get it tuned out with a tune. The ECM see's that it's not there. It is also a good time to get a little more go with a tune at the same time.

JettaCR140

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 2004 Golf BEW TDI, 2010 Jetta CR TDI (buyback)
You will need to get it tuned out with a tune. The ECM see's that it's not there. It is also a good time to get a little more go with a tune at the same time.

It's an extra car I have to let family use, there's no need for tuning it for power, especially since its stock. My 2009 is the fun one. Was wondering more if anyone is able to delete the p0401 in mpps 13.02 and winols.

If not, if anyone has an EGR cooler deleted BEW could you please check what your VCDS readiness reads, id GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The tuners can do this, and they simply place the EGR readiness monitor to "set". You'd have to ask them if they will do this by itself, and not just as part of a menu priced upgrade.

Jay-Bee

TDI
2004 Golf TDI-PD
It's an extra car I have to let family use, there's no need for tuning it for power, especially since its stock. My 2009 is the fun one. Was wondering more if anyone is able to delete the p0401 in mpps 13.02 and winols.

If not, if anyone has an EGR cooler deleted BEW could you please check what your VCDS readiness reads, id GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks!
Find "TDI ECU Tuning By Jeff Stevenson" on Facebook and send him a PM, if you have an MPPS cable already he can do remote tuning and could keep it to just what you ask for a small fee, he tuned my BEW, i deleted my EGR too, but also added moar powwaaa.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
My EGR cooler was shot + leaking so I deleted it, now I have a p0401 CEL. Is there a way to ONLY delete the p0401 code so it'll pass OBD2 readiness?

I see that Malone deletes P0401, P1400, P1495, P2425, and "other EGR related fault codes" but I'd only like the p0401 gone.

Thanks in advance!
You may want them to disable all those anyway, they could come on next month. Just tell them what you're trying to do, what state you're in, they may know what the requirements are. Should cost less than any performance tune.

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Find "TDI ECU Tuning By Jeff Stevenson" on Facebook and send him a PM, if you have an MPPS cable already he can do remote tuning and could keep it to just what you ask for a small fee, he tuned my BEW, i deleted my EGR too, but also added moar powwaaa.

if you have mpps this should be very easy for you find me on facebook ill delete the codes for free and edit the egr hyst.