www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Events, Gatherings, Clubs

Events, Gatherings, Clubs Want to meet other TDI members face to face? Going to a VW Event? Why not try and organize meeting some new faces and putting faces to our usernames? This forum is for organizing meetings and events with other TDI Fans.

Old April 17th, 2019, 12:12   #46
Nuje
Veteran Member

I don't remember when I first joined (having bought first TDI in early 2005 - edit: Feb2005 - it's right below my name. My duh!), but I do remember doing some troubleshooting on my 1999 Mk3 2.0L gasser and coming across "Fred's TDI page" - which had great info and really nice community vibe to it.

Name of the site has changed, but those two qualities have not.

His ride: 2015 GSW SEL TDI with MIB2, Active Info Display, DSG tune
Her ride: 2016 A3 e-tron

His other ride: 2015 Giant Propel SL Di2
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 14:42   #47
Mark
Veteran Member

I bought my first TDI in '97, a white used '96 B4V and shortly afterward I joined the Passat mailing list at passat@blaze.cs.etc.etc and the Diesel Group mailing list at vwdiesell@velocity.bc.ca. I remember being on the forum before it was a forum, but my join date seems to 2000.

I sold the B4V to someone from Vermont and dabbled in Audis and Hondas for a while, eventually returning to the fold with a 2011 JSW. I traded that in on another car and eventually became the caretaker of my parent's old '02 A4 Jetta. That car is now being driven by my brother and last month I picked up an '09 TDI Touareg. I can't seem to leave it seems.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 15:27   #48
TDI smile
Veteran Member

I will keep my 02 TDI with close to 500,000 km and will drive it until I go on my last flight. By age I'm an Oldtimer, but by speed not!!!!!?
TDI smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 17:59   #49
jayb79
Veteran Member

I got my 1st new TDI in 98 a red Jetta, fun car. Started lurking around then and joined up a few years later. My Golf will be my last VW unless I buy another ALH.
Old April 17th, 2019, 20:51   #50
glenn1179
Veteran Member

TDI(s): na

I joined October of 2005, so not around as long as others in this thread. Always been more of a searcher and lurker, but I still have the B4 that brought me here and have added to the fleet.
glenn1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2019, 11:05   #51
icecap
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 37 MPG Highway

I joined in 2007 after having bought a new 2006 Jetta TDI. I found lots of useful help and information on this site as well as having joined a local TDI group that held regular GTG's that were fun and something to look foreword to. Sadly the group disbanded after a couple of years. I attempted to put out feelers for anyone interested in forming a new group but found there was no more interest or chemistry with the people that I met. I attended TDI fest 2010 in Portland.

Still daily driving the TDI which has nearly 140K miles (226K Km's) on it now. It has been a fairly reliable car with the exception of the camshaft issue, a failed DMF due to collapsed dampening springs, a failed rad fan motor and most recently a burned out glow plug. Although my cars reliability has probably been better than average I will never buy another VW product due to how I was treated and my problem was dismissed as I was facing a camshaft failure as the car still had warranty and then extended warranty. Since I work in an industry heavily reliant on Used Oil Analysis I started monitoring my oil as soon as I found out about the BRM camshaft issues. The iron content of my oil was well beyond any acceptable norms even while the car was still under conventional warranty and when I got my final oil sample results printed in red advising me to not drive the car since I had a failure in progress they still refused to fix it so I pissed away $2,600 for extended warranty and still had to fix it on my dime.

Went through a phase of trying to get a bit more performance and had some fun running a tuning box with mixed results and gave up on it when I got tired of its quirks. I was going to get a Malone tune but finally couldn't be bothered with that either and ended up getting a Corvette instead. I get my thrills now in a gasoline powered vehicle. The savings driving a diesel offset the gas the Corvette uses, I love being green lol.

Last edited by icecap; April 21st, 2019 at 15:46.
icecap is offline   Reply With Quote