VW TDI Diesel Gets 120 MPG on one Gal of Diesel with CNG blend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

an60an

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI 5 speed 2003 Golf TDI 5 speed
Let start from the beginning I pay half what you pay in fuel to go the test 60 miles this is a fact.
It is cleaner out the tail pipe and more power fact. I base the numbers the same way the car builders do when they mix power sources.
If you could read you would see how we get the 120 miles to a Gal of Diesel number with a CNG Blend that was the point. You cannot use the old math way here when you use two deferent fuels. You must use cost per mile hear. The 120 miles a Gal is still true the TDI needs it to run NO Spark Plug.
All I see here is a group that cries’s a lot. Some get it most do not, those that do not could not build a shoe box. Please someone show me something you build for clean energy or better mileage.
I hope you stay happy when your fuel cost hit $ 8.00 a Gal like in Europe some day.
The point is I will always be paying half what it cost you Per Mile Traveled any way you cut it.
Foe the 1000 miles I got 325 miles on it now just passed the ¼ mark, I own 3 VW, 2 Audi A6 one CNG Bi-Fuel twin turbo. So I do not drive the TDI every day. I asked for someone to drive it no takers here so I will have to find someone local to drive it and log the miles and both fuel usages I will try to use someone from MIT they get it.
How it is done in the science world is someone copy’s the basic principle repeats the tests and post the findings as a said a lot of crying hear.
Bob Mann

Once again a lot of blah, blah and not a SINGLE answer.

2. What is the total cost of fuel per 1000 miles?

3. How often the system needs servicing and what is the cost? (Parts+ labour)

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
LOL! Why has this thread not been locked and banned as another snake oil scam?

Paying attention to only the Diesel component of the energy input is asinine. You MUST include ALL the sources of energy input into the heat engine and you cannot talk in miles per gallon.

The accurate measurement is Miles / Btu and the true cost is Mile/Btu times the price per Btu of the fuel used as the energy source.

Someone is just hyping his product to make some money of people on the internet.

Woodrobin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
LOL! Why has this thread not been locked and banned as another snake oil scam?
I second that emotion. Making confusing statements is one thing. Lying and then repeating the lie several times after it's been debunked, with personal insults tossed in, is something else again.

As far as I can tell, he's done several things that tend to move threads in a lockward direction:

1. Making false claims about a product he is selling.
2. Making migratory claims about a product (moving the goal posts in regards to what a product does, while previous claims are left unproven).
3. Selling snake oil (making claims about a product that does not, or cannot, do what the seller claims it does).

The frustrating thing is that mixing CNG with Diesel is actually not new at all, and does appear to work and have some potential. It's not like he's selling bottled pixie farts. But when it comes time to describe how well the product works, or even what it would cost to install, fuel and maintain the system, suddenly there's a sparkly shart-storm. :eek:

That's by no means the full list of flaws in his presentation -- being frustratingly unresponsive when someone asks a question wasn't ban-worthy the last time I checked. Nor was being rude or sharp-tongued.

Although flinging around statements implying someone would agree with you if only they weren't lazy/stupid/illiterate/incompetent/etc. certainly isn't the behavior I'd like to see on TDIClub, I don't know if there's a specific rule against doing that sort of thing. I will say I've certainly never bought anything from someone who said "You'd buy this if you weren't such a dim-witted worthless lazy illiterate," though. :D

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
I do not think the thread should be locked. I think the title should be changed to delete the 120 mpg claim. The thread is a legitimate alternative fuel run, irrespective of the mpg returned or the real world logistical problems and limitations of running CNG. The mpg claim by the OP (which rings more of an infomercial and a distraction to the actual topic) has sucked all the air out of the room so too speak.

If it was my thread, I would have titled it along the lines of "RUNNING A CNG/DIESEL HYBRID SYSTEM", the first post would have been a bunch of pictures of the car/setup, my refueling setup and a discussion of the process itself, including the limitations of the system. I would then open it up to questions. As far as offering a kit for sale, that thread, if it should occur, would be an additional thread in the vendor section.

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
I do not think the thread should be locked. I think the title should be changed to delete the 120 mpg claim. The thread is a legitimate alternative fuel run, irrespective of the mpg returned or the real world logistical problems and limitations of running CNG. The mpg claim by the OP (which rings more of an infomercial and a distraction to the actual topic) has sucked all the air out of the room so too speak.

If it was my thread, I would have titled it along the lines of "RUNNING A CNG/DIESEL HYBRID SYSTEM", the first post would have been a bunch of pictures of the car/setup, my refueling setup and a discussion of the process itself, including the limitations of the system. I would then open it up to questions. As far as offering a kit for sale, that thread, if it should occur, would be an additional thread in the vendor section.
Thank you
The claim is the same that Chevy uses for here Volts, same way Honda did for their new electric car but I see they did not add the road tax in to their math?? For the Leaf still cannot figure that one out.
I did say in the opening line in bold letters with a CNG Blend. The point is my true costs are and will always be better than half what it cost everyone on strait Diesel or Bio that is fact and shown.
Cleaner, Cheaper, More power, and NG will not spike in price like other oil base fuels will fact it is at its all time low so use it when you can. Do you really think it would got all those hits on Goggle if I posted the other way??
Not much to wear out on the kit the regulator has been tested to work over 100,000 real miles.
Calling me a lira just shows the world the kind of group we have here a bit closed minded.
For selling it here on this site I do not think there is one taker in the group that posted it is just how forums work.
Bob Mann

an60an

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI 5 speed 2003 Golf TDI 5 speed
Thank you
The claim is the same that Chevy uses for here Volts, same way Honda did for their new electric car but I see they did not add the road tax in to their math?? For the Leaf still cannot figure that one out.
I did say in the opening line in bold letters with a CNG Blend. The point is my true costs are and will always be better than half what it cost everyone on strait Diesel or Bio that is fact and shown.
Cleaner, Cheaper, More power, and NG will not spike in price like other oil base fuels will fact it is at its all time low so use it when you can. Do you really think it would got all those hits on Goggle if I posted the other way??
Not much to wear out on the kit the regulator has been tested to work over 100,000 real miles.
Calling me a lira just shows the world the kind of group we have here a bit closed minded.
For selling it here on this site I do not think there is one taker in the group that posted it is just how forums work.
Bob Mann
Blah, blah, blah, you are a fake Bob Mann. Once again just crap, not a single honest answer from you.
The guys from the other diesel forum think the same.

2. What is the total cost of fuel per 1000 miles?

3. How often the system needs servicing and what is the cost? (Parts+ labour)

ocshaman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
You have insulted most members on this forum with every post you make. I have spent 5 pages waiting for you to post the answer for two questions, posted in red, and we go off on tangents about spark plugs, twin turbo Audis, hondas, and now Chevy Volts.

So slow down, lemme take the Who's on First approach

You say it cost you $.50 per (insert measure here) for your NG. You are using a home setup I take it? That setup had to come from somewhere, and had to be paid for by someone, you I assume. When the receipt was put in your hand, what was the price on it?

When you had a problem with it, it being the home compression system, did you pay to get it fixed? When you were given the receipt, what did it say? Now, take these two numbers A+B, and find C. Now, please post the answer, i.e. C, on the board, by typing it into the box where you normally post information about Chevy Volts, Hondas, twin turbos and spark plugs.

Now, tell us how many "gallons" "comparable gallons" "moles" you have used. Any designation is fine, as long as you promise to tell us what it is you are using, without omitting numbers. From there the people who have been posting the same questions for 5 pages will get the answers they need from you, and then you probably won't have to go on talking about Twin turbo Audis, waste vegetable oil conversions, $2000 turbo kits, Hondas, and Chevy Volts.

Wksg

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI Wagon
The point is my true costs are and will always be better than half what it cost everyone on strait Diesel or Bio that is fact and shown.
I don't think that's true, even at $0.50/gge CNG you are at about $.04/mile, right? You'd have to get down to $.03/mile to be less than half what my costs are.

But the big problem is that you are the only one who can (apparently) get $0.50/gge CNG. No one else can do that, and I still don't understand how you can.

So even if you are correct in that your costs are half what everyone else's are, it doesn't matter, since no one can duplicate what you have. Now, if you could sell us equipment so that we could get our own CNG at $.50/gge, then you'd have something very interesting.

Padrino

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 / Golf 1.9 TDI 5-speed

I don't think that's true, even at $0.50/gge CNG you are at about $.04/mile, right? You'd have to get down to $.03/mile to be less than half what my costs are.

But the big problem is that you are the only one who can (apparently) get $0.50/gge CNG. No one else can do that, and I still don't understand how you can.

So even if you are correct in that your costs are half what everyone else's are, it doesn't matter, since no one can duplicate what you have. Now, if you could sell us equipment so that we could get our own CNG at $.50/gge, then you'd have something very interesting.

Sure he could sell you the equipment: This will be another $6750.00 Sir :D
Plus $2500.00 for the installation of a few parts from the kit and one USED high pressure steel CNG tank :D
Come on Wksg, this is almost the same cost as a very, very good used TDI, but who care if you could have CNG for $0.50...never mind that the rest of the country pays in average $2.12 :D

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I think Bob's magical source of .50 per GGE CNG is augmented by the beans he ate the night before.

He must have stolen most of his equipment, as he is not factoring any sort of cost for it into any of his cost.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
If I want a true homegrown, carbon neutral alternative that is cheap, I will use BD derived from canola plants grown on my 5 acres, create a appleseed generator for about $200 and not have to modify the vehicle in anyway.

Sure it is an alternative, so are turbine engines which are more efficient, but the initial cost and maintenance is way too high to justify this?

Reminds me of those producing BD generators for $4000!!!!

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
I think Bob's magical source of .50 per GGE CNG is augmented by the beans he ate the night before.

He must have stolen most of his equipment, as he is not factoring any sort of cost for it into any of his cost.
This truely show what a JERK you Please show some thing you have done other then play with your doll set.
Now I steel stuff the only number being made up here are from people like your self. All math as based on $1.00 GAL of CNG and Diesel at $4.00

Bob Mann

Status
Not open for further replies.