2014 Q7 TDI battery

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
Had Audi replace my battery end of 2018 and it's already toast. Anyone know what the warranty is on these? Was like $500

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
Also anyone have a part number for a better or best CCA battery then Audi's lmk. Have vagcom now so will do it myself. Thanks!

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
Went with the Deka by Eastern Penn 9AGM95R 950 CCA the dead battery was a VW # 000 915 105DL which looks to be only 520 CCA
15.5 x 6.875 x7.5 are the dimensions.

Last edited:

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
I bought OEM battery from dealer and put it in for $215 USD, already had a vcds.. 4 years is average for me here, im on the end of year 3 and put a maintainer on it to try to get a another couple outta it.

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
yeah im in Northern Vt so think the cold winters and short distance runs to the store killed it. The warranty was 1 year and my OEM battery lasted 15 months. Wanted higher CCA's as these high energy cars need it where I live. The Deka will be here Monday and the install looks pretty easy already have the seat up and cover off as I measured the OEM one to be sure. On Rockauto site they do list batteries under Q7 that will not fit.

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
I thought these cars needed an AGM battery and the fact that they need to coded into the car for them to last a long time.

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
na, the OEM's are FLA's.. the original and 2nd one of mine were, the recoding is to reset the DC charger.. since they are under the seat it ages out and undercharges it to prevent it from boiling away acid and making a mess.. just increment the serial number for the battery and it'll go back up to full charge voltage.

AGM is snake oil, FLA's last longer and need less coddling..

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
These cars eat batteries. Bought this 2014 in 2018 that battery died that winter. Then that new one just died. I went with the 9AGM95R will be hear tomorrow as had it shipped. Ill have to trick the ECU but seems to work ok as have not heard any issues using a non BEM code battery

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
My 2014's original went on first artic cold start of Nov 2017, this 2nd one I put an onboard ac maintainer/desulfator and it sits on that.. it survived this winter but I'm not expecting to get much more than another winter off it.

My 2013 Golf TDI's battery went in the winter of 2016, gave it back to VW with a flat battery, so cant say the Audi is particularly worse.. its about the same for my wife's 2010 CC, goes Kaput on its 4th winter on average.. used to get more years out of em when I lived in the midwest, but here in Colorado that seems to be the norm.. so I get Deka rebranded FLA from Sams, cuz AGM's cost more and die just as fast, its easier on the maintenance budget.

Last edited:

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
Yeah the extreme cold kills it plus my wife does short 1-2 mile trips alot. She'll take the VW for shorties from now on Eats tires also new subject but my 295/35-21 Conti's DWS 6's ( have S line ) lasted 18k miles. Just put Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ on and so far nicer ride hoping to get 20k, that was $1600 out the door. Still love the car tho so price you pay for a nice ride

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
45k miles and ive got 8/32 on my $800 KO2's and ride is super comfy, if you wanna rock 21in wheels you gotta pay to play.. thats why I sold my OEM 20's before the wife drove em into a curb parking.. now she can park ontop of the curb and its fine.

Last edited:

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
Yup I do pay but does look really good with the 21 inch peelers. have 19's with snows that are on 5-6 months so gives the 21's a break