Heater Core replaced now these things not working HELP

Lmarjorie

TDI
2nd TDI Passat Wagon 2005 bought last spring in the southPassat Wagon TDI 2005 retired
I am far from home when I had to replace Heater Core. Got the car back and the heated seats are not working, the FM/AM radio, the steering wheels controls (volume, scan of radio and Cruise Control), Mechanic seems baffled.
Any quick advice for him? I have been sitting for 3 hours waiting for him to fix it. I know this is a wild question but, worth the try. :D:rolleyes::eek::(

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Does your sunroof or windows work? If not, your CCM fuse is probably blown.

IIRC all 3 of the things you listed go through the CCM (convenience control module) below the carpet under the driver's feet. The seats and the radio have their on fuses though.

He could have shorted out a wire which blew the fuse for the CCM. I think it is either fuse 10 or 14 at the top of the fuse block.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Pretty sure if the CCM is not working, the car will not start.

I would just have him go over everything he disconnected. That is a big job, need to take your time. Of course, checking fuses and grounds is always a good start.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
You are correct OH as it controls the alarm too. Thanks for reminding me.

Yeah, it is not my favorite job to do. I can pull 2-3 motors in the time it takes to do a heater core, AND not lose as much blood from all the nicks I get on my hands from the sharp brackets behind the dash.