• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Ross-Tech Vag Com HEX-USB-CAN for sale

tejastommy

TDI
2013 Jetta DSG
Selling my HEX-CAN. Dual-K & CAN
Make me a decent offer please. I paid $349.

Edit, sorry for violating club rules JSWTDI09 ����
I'll say this, I'm not sure how much to ask as I see them listed ranging from $355-$455.

If I list it as OBO, do I just add a cutoff date?

Last edited:

tejastommy

TDI
2013 Jetta DSG
Sorry I violated club rules JSWTDI09, :(
I'll say this, I've seen them listed ranging between $355-$455. I'm not sure if those asking prices are legit yet. This is a 1 owner unit.
If I put an OBO on it do I just add a cutoff date? For EX. Jan 1st...

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I'll say this, I've seen them listed ranging between $355-$455. I'm not sure if those asking prices are legit yet. This is a 1 owner unit.
If I put an OBO on it do I just add a cutoff date? For EX. Jan 1st...
A HEX-USB+CAN interface cable sold for $349 (plus shipping) when new. You probably won't get more than that for it. There are some newer VCDS interfaces that do sell for more. Most of these cables sell for anywhere from $200 to $275 - depending mostly on how big of a hurry you are in to sell it. Sell it for $200 or less and it will go pretty quickly. One was recently advertised here for $150 (IIRC) and it sold within hours. With some patience, you might be able to get $275 or more. If it does not sell before your "cut-off date" you might just have to lower your price a little. Good luck.

Have Fun!

Don

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
The new stuff from Ross-Tech is now VIN # limited.
To me a hex-can that is not vin limited should have a greater value on secondary market.
Granted the new stuff is most likely far more forward upgradeable then the slightly older stuff.
My .02

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
HEX-CAN only goes up to ~2015my IIRC. I suspect that their value will decrease as the years go on.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
HEX-CAN only goes up to ~2015my IIRC. I suspect that their value will decrease as the years go on.
There will come a point in the future when their usefulness will decline (like the non-CAN ones today). However a HEX+CAN cable will still work with almost* everything that VW sells today. It works fine on my 2018 Tiguan. I suspect it will still work on most other 2018 MQB based models. There is no hurry in getting rid of these cables, and their unlimited VIN capability is still a big plus. For anything TDI a HEX+CAN is perfect.

*The newer HEX-V2 and HEX-NET interfaces are noticeably faster when talking with UDS controllers and these came in about 2015 (however, it might be more accurate to say that the older HEX+CAN interfaces are slow in communicating with UDS controllers). There are also a few controller modules that the older cables cannot communicate with. These are mostly in high end VW/Audi vehicles. So far, the only VW I know of that has a problem with the HEX-CAN interface is the 2018 VW Atlas - it has a few controllers that require the new interfaces. Some high end Audi vehicles will also need the newer interfaces to see all of the controllers.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited: