Post Your Dynos Here Ii

turbobooster

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS 5-speed (sold); 2011 Golf TDI 6-speed manual
I wouldn't think so either, but it wasn't listed, so I thought I'd ask. I wish those things weren't so expensive...:cool:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
turbobooster said:
Maxrpm, was this with a 10mm pump?

Nice numbers, by the way.
thank you,
11 MM with LCR mod L/P

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Here's mine RC3+, Bosch 205's

Max 134.19 HP first run, I got less on the second and third runs.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Those tiny injectors aren't helping much either. He needs PP502's or 764's at the least.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Pierre did not get bad dyno numbers, He was probably the only one that was closer to being stock from all the members that dynod,, everybody else's at the TDi dyno day got way more mods than him

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
You are right Farfromovin. Larger injectors are the next logical step for me. I have PP520's & a lift pump in the garage (waiting to be installed). These will be my next install. A 11mm pump is on it's way and also I have plans for a vnt 17/22 if I can get Justin to put it in for me at the next GTG.

I am not in a huge rush b/c I absolutely love how my car drives right now. It's by far the zippiest car I ever owned.

Thanks to everyone who's helping me, I am learning a lot and slowly raising the HP output.

P

Farfromovin said:
If Pierre had some larger injectors, he could probably squeeze another 5-10 horsies out even!

ibanix

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd
Pierre, I've done the injector swap before, and have the tools for it (you'd need a bench wise however). If you want to do it some weekend, let me know.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
tothemax said:
You are right Farfromovin. Larger injectors are the next logical step for me. I have PP520's & a lift pump in the garage (waiting to be installed). These will be my next install. A 11mm pump is on it's way and also I have plans for a vnt 17/22 if I can get Justin to put it in for me at the next GTG.

I am not in a huge rush b/c I absolutely love how my car drives right now. It's by far the zippiest car I ever owned.

Thanks to everyone who's helping me, I am learning a lot and slowly raising the HP output.

P
Shoot, just hit up Ibanix for the turbo swap. He loves the 17/22 compressor outlet hose :p You'll love the lift pump, I sure did...

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
(poke)Or he could just use his manly man arms and push the damn thing on LOL.(jab)

Last edited:

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
tothemax said:

P
Mr Pierre, when I finish doing the 5th gear swap in my car which I plan to do over this weekend, then, if you want I could help you install the 17/22 , just let me know.

jon wood

TDI
LUPO 1.9TDI
lupo

[/IMG]
I thought i would go and get a readout 'before' i fit the bigger turbo and get a remap

jon wood

TDI
LUPO 1.9TDI
Hi, I have a Allard vt2 waiting to be fitted , I think i will be heading down to jabba for a remap;)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
New Exhaust, New Numbers

I got the wagon up to DSG today for another dyno. Here 'tis.

The car is setup exactly the same as it was for its last dyno except for the new exhaust. HP is almost exactly the same, 173.5 instead of 173. But torque was up over 30 ft/lbs. to 330 from 297. I think the waviness of the HP line is heat soak. I'm betting I've reached the limits of my SMIC with stock piping. More details in my exhaust thread.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
jon wood said:
Hi, I have a Allard vt2 waiting to be fitted , I think i will be heading down to jabba for a remap;)
I'd have gone for something a little bigger than that turbo........it will have trouble flowing enough air to support 225hp but having said that on there dyno you may well do:D ..........vt4/5 would be better with some pd-race injectors.

KROUT

persona non grata
Peter nice gains with the torque. I need to get my exhasut done from the down pipe back. I am just going to have a muffler shop do it with a manderal pipe bender. Less than 200.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
ibanix said:
Peter, a run on the dyno with scanguage or VAG-COM would let you track the temps.

(Personally I don't think it's heat sink.)
I don't, either. I think it's an air/fuel mix thing. I'll see what Jeff says about it and maybe re-run it at dyno day.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I re-ran the car today: repaired case pressure relief valve and new fuel filter. Much better. The blue line is today: the red is from last March.

More on this in my exhaust thread, but exhaust was the only change.

I also ran the A3 so I have a baseline for the new exhaust. It's got RC3, PP357s, lift pump, stock DP, high flow 2.0 in cat, straight pipe. That's about it.

I guess I should have had them re-scale the image: it kind of looks like it's hiding there at the bottom of the page. The green line is today: the red line is from last year. Between dynos Jeff re-flashed the ECU from an ED to a JB, which made the car feel much smoother and responsive. The dyno shows that. I still have to keep the IQ up around 4.0 to limit smoke, but I think some of that is DP restriction. We'll see. New exhaust next week.

Note: Consider these numbers when you see the NE Dyno day results. They don't call Dyno Dynamics the heartbreak dyno for nothing. This car did 125/250 on a Dynojet with the ED ECU.

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
What exactly was wrong with the case pressure relief valve in the first place? The bottom of it walking out on you? How often do you have to fix yours?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
The spring popped the little stopper out of the valve. It was sitting in the pump and I pulled both pieces out with a magnet. There's a funny little clamp-like piece that holds it together. I 'repaired' it with a hammer. It needs a keystone mod. This is the first time it's happened, interestingly enough.

KROUT

persona non grata
Peter I would have thought the a3 would be higher with the mods you have. Thats similar to my friends passat and his feels close to 120hp(on my butt dyno)