Unobtanium B4 part #3A0-121-385

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
I have sourced almost everything required for replacing AC condenser and radiator. The one part that seems to be made of pure unobtanium is part # 3A0-121-385.
I checked all the usual suspects to include ebay, Jim Ellis, Classic Parts in Germany, Heritage Parts in UK, etc. and came up empty handed.

Any tips or suggestions?

Bamboo

TDI
Powerstroke??
can you source a used one? I have a few cars sitting, when i goggle it i cant get a picture only says "bushing"

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
It's actually not really a bushing like we typically think of, its a spacer bushing that fits into the lower radiator mounting rubber bushing that holds the radiator in position when the mounting bolts are tightened.

It fits inside rubber bushing 3A0121367B and isolates the radiator from the rigid mounting.

Best bet is to find some used ones from a car that hasn't seen a lot of rust.

I'm not sure of an equivalent for this item, Ellis VW says that it was only used on 95-97 Passat. And further, I would have to say that it must have been 4 cylinder only because the VR6 radiator is slightly different at the bottom where it mounts.

Steve

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, '96 B4V,'99 2 door Golf
Go to a Hardware store, and look in the Fasteners section. You may have to improvise a bit. but I'm betting you can find a solution.