Where is a/c condenser drain plug?

iirviing

TDI
2011 Audi TDI
Need to find out if it's what's causing my a/c to blow hot air when in traffic but cool air when on the highway. I checked the freon and it's good. Also have to check condenser next.

Nekit

TDI
2013 A3 TDI
I've heard some people mention the high pressure switch. Also have heard that their is a control switch/valve on the compressor that can go bad. I have had similar problem with random no A/C on my A3. Post if you find out what it is. Thanks

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
condenser at that age can be full of bugs and dirt. Hvac supply sells good condenser cleaners that will along with fan check, increase a/c performance.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Ugh.... it is the same thing over and over.

First, automotive air conditioners cannot, I repeat, canNOT, "blow hot air". They can cool, or they cannot cool. The heater can warm the air. A/C can't.

Second, for the millionth time: please, avail yourself of the car's own OBD. It works, it is a great part of the modern automobile, and DRASTICALLY speeds up any diagnostics. In this case specifically, you could already have DTCs stored for various things, including the cooling fan(s).

But on this car there is also a VERY common issue with the RCV in the compressor. And unless you can read what the refrigerant pressure sensor value is going to the Climate module, you can only guess as to its operation. And its operation (the ability to allow the compressor to make sufficient pressure) is directly tied to the cooling fans being requested on at all.