ARP Head Studs

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Unless you are building a monster engine and pushing really high boost pressure (35 PSI plus, maybe more), OEM PD150 head bolts work great and are comparatively cheap. I've been running them in my PD with a 29 PSI tune and spikes north of 30 for a long time with no issues. I can count the TDI club member North American PDs that actually need more than the PD150s on one hand.

newlitemotorist

Veteran Member
TDI
06' Jetta TDI dsg, 445,000 miles and counting!
There are part numbers floating around for a pieced together set that you can run. I think the last time I priced it out it was about 200 for the studs, nuts, and washers. Only issue is you have to have the nuts machined down to clear the cam caps.

If there was a set available for that price that was ready to run I would be in line even if I didnt actually need them. Peace of mind is priceless in my book. However, I have seen the pd150 bolts hold quite well in most situations and for 70 bux its a darn good deal.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
I have ARP 8740 head stud kits for PDs. See my vendor thread. 8740 is 190kpsi, pd150 bolts are 12.9 which is 170-174kpsi. Stock 10.9 bolts are 136kpsi.