Things to do in Asheville, NC

Vegged-Out

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2003 Jetta | 2011 BMW 335d | 2016 BMW Xdrive35d
OK, this might not be the correct place to post the question, but I thought you western NC'ers would see it here first.

Heading to Asheville to meet up with some friends passing through NC this weekend. What are some good family things to do in the area? (I already know about Biltmore...next)

Thanks in advance.

Christian

k45

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
If you are wanting to stay only in the Asheville area then there is plenty of of tourtist store places. There is the quiet whitewater rafting on the french broad.

If you are wanting to get away from Asheville, Then Chimney rock and Lake lure area is nice. Then Maggie Valley has some fun touristy stuff.

You also can not forget crusing the Blue ridge parkway is fun. Hope that helps out. there is plenty up there just not able to think of it off the top of my head.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
A nice trip from VA to the Asheville area on the Blue Ridge Parkway . Start in VA just over NC boarder @ sunrise and get into Asheville at the end of the day . I've been making that drive all my life every spring .

Biltmore Estates are also a good day trip if you are into that sort of a thing . Been there done that enough times though .............

You can go gamble at Cherokee if you are into that sort of thing . Again that ain't me ......................

You can go drink & throw darts @ Mckael's in Asheville on the east side , not sure of the spelling but it's close enough . That one I'm all for .........

Don't forget Lake James