Petrol Diesel conversion

Stiggy136

TDI
ALH 1.9tdi
Hi there I was wondering if you could give some advice, my friend has a 1.4 petrol 1.4 Mk4 golf and I have an ALH mk4 golf that I have put off the road the engine is sound but everything else has had it!
We have removed the engine and gearbox out the diesel, fitted new timing belt and water pump, now we want to fit it to the petrol golf.
We have the wiring stripped back to the bulkhead. But there is wiring going into the cabin behind the dashboard. Would it be possible to use the diesel golfs clocks and the petrol golfs wiring to the engine bay? And just use the ALH loom? Rather than pull out both dash boards? Anyone know any shortcuts? Everything is there to make this work. Wasnt sure about convenience module too, Is that coded to the original ECU? We are going to send off the ALH ecu to get the immob deleted. Any advice would be appreciated!

Stiggy136

TDI
ALH 1.9tdi
Quick follow up cars been on the road 2 years now and re registered as a diesel! Anyone needs any advice give me a shout! there was a lot of trial and error

Lmccaul20

TDI
1999 passat b5 syncro/4 motion
Hi, I have a 2.8 V6 4 motion auto (unfortunately) and I am looking to swap it with a 6 speed pd130 Diesel engine.

What did you need to replace and do during the process? Did you need to remove dash etc?
If you could write a list of what’s needed that would be great!!!
Thanks