States, provinces, and countries I've been to... show off your traveling scoreboard!

reince

TDI
2006 Beetle
See Wikipedia for more info on Chinese VW's

The Volkswagen Group is represented in China with 12 brands and has delivered over 35 million vehicles with its joint venture partners FAW (FAW-Volkswagen) and SAIC (SAIC VOLKSWAGEN) since entering the Chinese market in 1984. Volkswagen Group China has over 100,000 employees at 34 Chinese production plants in 23 locations. In 2017, approximately 3,000 dealers (with 330,000 employees) sold 150 different Volkswagen Group models totalling 4.18 million vehicles in the People's Republic of China – this represents an increase of 5.1% as compared to the previous year. As of August 2018, the Volkswagen Group holds an 18.3% share of the Chinese passenger car market.

Just heard how successful the Volkswagen company there in China.

carl20320

TDI
2004 Mk4 Golf GLS TDI 5spd
New here and found this thread

Dec 2018 bought a 2006 Mk4 Golf for our son heading off to college summer 2019. To make sure it was ready for the cross country trip (several anticipated), we did full suspension, cam, timing belt, tune, and most anything else that could be done short of actually tearing into the block. After a couple false starts, we headed up to Cape Flattery on the Olympic Peninsula since it is considered the most northwestern point in continental US then proceeded to drive to Key West to visit family before heading up to his school in Daytona Beach.
5400 miles in 8 days. Updated with our trip back after installing a new transmission in the parking lot of his school to drive back. 3400 miles in 55 hours + change.
http://chart.apis.google.com/chartc...ILIDGAFLCOCAARAZAL" width="440"height="220" >

Car got attacked by a bison in Yellowstone and tore up rear passenger door pretty bad. Just bought a donor twin to his that I am likely going to turn into my commuter since it should get roughly 2.5X the mileage of my Ram 2500 with Cummins.
If you count all the trips, airports, etc, my map looks a lot different.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I ended up driving through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama last month, bringing my total up to 48 states visited. The only two remaining states are North Dakota and Alaska.

I hope to get North Dakota in May, but that depends on Tesla finishing construction of their Supercharger network across I-94, although it's certainly possible to make the trip or at least visit the state without using Superchargers. Alaska will happen next year. Then I need to plan a coast-to-coast trip across Canada, just for fun.

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI

An 03 GTI VR6, my 86 GTI VR6, and my current TDI did the large majority of these states. My Cobalt ticked a couple of these boxes too though.

I think my next major road trip will tick the rest of CONUS off the list.

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDi, 2015 Passat TDi
Last cross country trip I went to mt Rushmore crazy horse and Yellowstone. Coming out of Yellowstone to Salt Lake City and going through the 12 miles of Montana into Idaho and south to Salt Lake City put me in all the 48. I’m hearing the Alcan highway can be tedious, but it may be done after I retire. Not a fan of flying so I’ll wait for the bridge to Hawaii to be built. :)

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I’m hearing the Alcan highway can be tedious, but it may be done after I retire. )
Depends on how you drive it. I had a new 2015 GSW I bought in Orlando and drove it home. From Helena, MT, it took me 5 days to get to Anchorage, driving by myself in September. If you drive in summer when it doesn't get dark, you may be able to do it in less time. I overnighted in Calgary, Dawson Creek, Watson Lake, and Whitehorse. I had time to do some cycling or hiking each day. Bon voyage!

carl20320

TDI
2004 Mk4 Golf GLS TDI 5spd
After our last trip taking the son back to school in Florida, we ticked off a few more states. We had planned to get several more but we were right in front of all the really bad storms that hit the Midwest back in early August and we had to make certain we were in Daytona Beach to meet the wife on the 13th.

We will be filling in several of the gray states on our trip back next summer.

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Hi all. I posted here 7 yrs ago............GOsh time flies.

Since then, I have been to some more states, and added Holland, South Africa, Spain to my list.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Nice. I lived in Caracas. Boy ,............this was before the issues. Back then, food was plentiful.... toilet paper everywhere available.

I hear they are getting better now
My wife taught at a school run by Gulf Oil in San Tome back in 1973 - 76. She then was at a Department of Defense school in Erlangen, Germany and we met when we both took the same tour to Israel for Christmas 1976.

Reactions: Ton

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDi, 2015 Passat TDi
48 out of 50, and Canadian Provinces from Quebec to British Columbia. Would love to do Alcan Highway and hit 49 of 50 and zip over to the east side of Quebec and explore those provinces as well. Retiring in a few months so aside from part time work to keep busy, i should have plenty of time to see these spots and more. Hearing the highway to Alaska has many spots not paved, so might have to drive the rustbucket jetta and not worry about rocks and stones damaging the car :). Just a few Jerry cans for a backup. Stay safe, stay well. Safe driving.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
48 out of 50, and Canadian Provinces from Quebec to British Columbia. Would love to do Alcan Highway and hit 49 of 50 and zip over to the east side of Quebec and explore those provinces as well. Retiring in a few months so aside from part time work to keep busy, i should have plenty of time to see these spots and more. Hearing the highway to Alaska has many spots not paved, so might have to drive the rustbucket jetta and not worry about rocks and stones damaging the car :). Just a few Jerry cans for a backup. Stay safe, stay well. Safe driving.
We've driven the Alaska Highway 9 times since 1986... 7 of those trips were in the same '83 VW Vanagon with the Air-cool engine. The last two trips (2014 & 16) were in my '84 Vanagon with the 2002 ALH TDI engine pulling a popup camper... All of those trips were awesome being roughly 4 weeks to 33 days and 12k + miles, depending on the return trip (generally a loop down thru the Rockies into the states). Our experiences in Canada have all been great. After the 2013 TDI Fest in Bethel, Maine, we drove over to the coast in the 84 Vanagon at Bar Harbor and then on up to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia........ one awesome trip, especially after the Malone Tune at the Festival.