Safety Shut-Off due to Occupant Detection Fault!!

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,,,,,, 2010 X535D Diesel ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2002 Jetta manual TDI ALH (Sold)
Hi,
I am getting this fault on my new 2015 Golf TDI.Code comes back soon after clearing it.Car has only 3200 miles(5100 kms) on the odo and still under warranty.Thing is both heated seats are working fine but controller is still throwing the code.Don't want to take it to the dealer unnecessary because i don't want any apprentice at the dealer ripping apart my car to diagnose the problem.
This is the scan i did right after buying my car as you can see mileage is only 70kms.
Code:
1 Fault Found:
329480 - Heated Passenger Seat 
B1806 F0 [008] - Safety Shut-Off due to Occupant Detection
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 156
Reset counter: 132
Mileage: 70 km
Date: 2017.05.08
Time: 14:37:00
Any ideas please?Thanks

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I haven't put the VCDS on it since. I'll try and get some time the next few days. But haven't had a hiccup with seat (or the car at all) in the 40k.

neimis

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 Passat TD, '01 Golf GL TDI, '15 Golf Trendline TDI
Anybody have any updates or further knowledge about this fault code? My 2015 Golf is showing the same. Heated seat works fine, but code returns after clearing it.

Sunnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
My car does that on really cold mornings for some reason. I stops after a while, after the car warms up.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
you guys pulling codes in "accessory" or while the car is running?

Almost sounds like it's just saying hey heated seats won't work cause there's no one sitting there. Agreed its kinda odd why that store a code.

neimis

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 Passat TD, '01 Golf GL TDI, '15 Golf Trendline TDI
you guys pulling codes in "accessory" or while the car is running?

Almost sounds like it's just saying hey heated seats won't work cause there's no one sitting there. Agreed its kinda odd why that store a code.
I scanned when the car was stationary, engine off. I never thought about the possibility that the code was thrown when the passenger heated seat was turned on with no one sitting there. I can't recall if I did that or not.

On second thought, the code is still there after I clear it and check later (and I haven't turned on the heated seat in the meantime).