Where did Defender-tech go?

martron

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 spd, 336k and counting
Went to buy a defender-tech skid plate today and could not find the website anywhere. Finally after following a link from a forum, it seems that they let their website domain expire. Anyone know how to get ahold of the manufacturer through email or phone?

OlyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf
I've had mine on for 5 years and it looks like new. Good, robust product.

Glad to hear that they are still in business.

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf(Summer) 2003 Golf(Winter)
Huh. This skid plate better than the 6mm Evolution one? The price is quite lower vs the evolution. I'm happy with the evo on my golf, but the winter jetta's belly pan is gonna take a vacation this winter... perhaps I should give this one a go.

I also like the guy's lift pumps. Not that I've shopped for them yet for the golf, but the price seems quite better than some of the numbers I've seen thrown around.

And the guy's Canadian eh? Nice. I love sifting these msg forums, every now and then, I find a gem like this thread!

hillsh

TDI
Golf
Lift pump from defender-tech

My experience, not so good. I installed one of the defender-tech lift pumps in July of 2014, and it crapped out today in the middle of the road - towed it to a mechanic and will get one installed that they will stand behind...

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
anybody heard from defender tech? looking to get a skid plate as i am close to newmarket
I was in to see Perjad at Precision in Vaughan a couple weeks back - he had a decent stock of Mike's skid plates. 10min south of Wonderland.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I was in to see Perjad at Precision in Vaughan a couple weeks back - he had a decent stock of Mike's skid plates. 10min south of Wonderland.
They are only for the MK IV and maybe MK V. I called him when I got my 2015 Passat ( B7 - NMS) and no fitment.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Their lift pumps are junk. I went through2 of them and each one only lasted a year. Went oem after that.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Their lift pumps are junk. I went through2 of them and each one only lasted a year. Went oem after that.
Good to know as my cheap aftermarket one is dying after a year, :(