Drop dead date for phase two?

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Sportwagen '15 Golf Hatch
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered but being lazy.....
I bought two '15 Golf's new/never titled in May of 2017. They both came with phase one complete. My car has 15k miles and the daughters 10k miles.I am in no hurry for the second phase fix but don't want to be standing by the sidelines if I am too late.
Thanks

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Take them in now when you can. At the least they will do a 2A fix and you will have to bring it back at some point in the future for the 2B fix. Or they may just go ahead and do the whole thing at once.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
At this point - if you want it done - schedule ASAP. They may have to delay a bit while they wait for parts.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
For the sake of argument. What if I decide to forego the phase two fix and its extended warranty. Is there any way of getting rid of the phase 1 software and get the original software flash without resorting to an aftermarket/off road style tune? No smog checks btw in Wyoming.

Last edited:

y2kbird

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Black Jetta, '03 Blue Jetta
curious why two replies seemed to indicate to hurry up and schedule at least 2a?

can anyone point me or the OP to any official site or paperwork with an actual or implied deadline? I do not believe the VW "fix or buyback x%" threshold comes into play here.

I have a somewhat vested interest in this matter as I have 3x 2015 Jettas... One 6M now has 15k. The other two (1 DSG, one 6M were put into storage immediately after purchase have 300 and 900 miles on them.)

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The only way to go back to the original programming is if you stored it yourself on a device such as Flashzilla, I believe. No dealer will put you back there and any mechanical changes would also probably need to be undone if any.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
I read the pamphlet that came with the car and they indicate a by June of 2019 date of when I should be notified by for the stage 2. Alas I do not have original flash. It would be something though if someone was to counterfeit the under hood decals showing both fixes. Show up in California and have the original cheater software pass their emissions test. Kinda funny. I suppose there may be some sort of database that could be queried and screw up my evil plans.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I have a somewhat vested interest in this matter as I have 3x 2015 Jettas... One 6M now has 15k. The other two (1 DSG, one 6M were put into storage immediately after purchase have 300 and 900 miles on them.)

I just want to commend you on your foresight and cunningness!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I read the pamphlet that came with the car and they indicate a by June of 2019 date of when I should be notified by for the stage 2. Alas I do not have original flash. It would be something though if someone was to counterfeit the under hood decals showing both fixes. Show up in California and have the original cheater software pass their emissions test. Kinda funny. I suppose there may be some sort of database that could be queried and screw up my evil plans.

Any tuner wont get you back to pre phase 1 emissions tuning, but one most certainly can get you to exceed the agreed EPA limits of the Gen 3 cars.

Soon as you get phase 2 fix, either A or B your VIN will be updated that all emissions recalls are complete and they will be satisfied.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
California took the bribe money so they can't do anything about not getting the fix. You could have no stickers and be okay. The original software passed emissions so replacing it would do nothing and not be very funny at all. So your evil plans are of no real use at all.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
California took the bribe money so they can't do anything about not getting the fix. You could have no stickers and be okay. The original software passed emissions so replacing it would do nothing and not be very funny at all. So your evil plans are of no real use at all.
I will have to come up with a different evil plan.