<WTB> cheap TDI near Memphis, TN

Sand Squid

TDI
none(yet)
Looking for a decent used TDI within 500 miles of Memphis, TN

Mid/Late 90's model...... Don't care about odometer reading as long as it has been well maintained.

Wife demands that there are no "major" dents(so, no _noticeable_ crash damage ;-), paint and interior in fair condition. Minor dings and interior wear is expected.

Wife aproved budget for purchase is $3,000.

--
Very Resectfully
The Sand Squid

1987 Volvo 745Ti (858K miles)
1988 Volvo 764Ti (340K miles)
1988 Volvo 765Ti (160K miles)

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Sand Squid said:
Wife demands that there are no "major" dents(so, no _noticeable_ crash damage ;-), paint and interior in fair condition. Minor dings and interior wear is expected.
Tell the wife that a body panel is much cheaper than a crappy engine due to poor maintenance. It doesn't matter how purty the car looks if it leaves you on the side of the road ;)

Sand Squid

TDI
none(yet)
lildevildee said:
Tell the wife that a body panel is much cheaper than a crappy engine due to poor maintenance. It doesn't matter how purty the car looks if it leaves you on the side of the road ;)
thus the qualifiers
"long as it has been well maintained"
"Wife Demands" and " no _noticeable_ ......."

I don't realy care about body damage as long as the car is mechanicly and structurally sound.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
$3K will not get you much of a diesel car, my friend. You can pretty much omit the badge on the trunk that reads "TDI". If you could find one at or near $3K, I would bet that you would most likely have to diddo that amount just to bring it up to our standards. Not to say that we all don't wish you the best in your quest, however.;)

A bit far from you but, you can't have it all: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=162455 Later!

Last edited: