Lubro Moly Longtime High Tech 5w30 oil, opinions?

SuperJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I just picked up some of this oil for my '06 Jetta.
Just wondering if anyone has seen any analysis' for this oil?

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
LubroMolly has good products. Use it with confidence but this is GIII oil

SuperJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI

This is what's in my engine right now. I'd like to get it analyzed if I can find a lab in Ontario (I've got 16,000 kms on it). I just need to figure out a way to get a uncontaminated sample from my extractor (I don't really clean it out completely each time).

The new "Longtime High Tech" seems to meet a lot more specifications and approvals than the "Diesel High Tech". My oil retailer told me that Elf oil is being discontinued in North America and replaced with a brand called "Total". I was going to buy DID, but everyone does and I'd like to try something different. Will a 5w30 have substantially higher wear rates than a 5w40?

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
Either buy the proper extraction tool - or catch it mid stream on the next OC. I like LM company and I think you will find the performance is good. If it is not do not bame LM. Chances are whatever you used would have given similar results. UOA's have more to do with your particular engines condition, your driving habits, fuel source and the anount of time the oil was used.

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
Elf = Total = Frenchies = great oils in great looking containers

SUNRG

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None currently. Previously owned 04 Golf TDI & 05 Passat GLS Wagon TDI
Dimitri16V said:
Elf = Total = Frenchies = great oils in great looking containers
yeah - what's inside ELF and Total containers is identical.

all oils mentioned in this thread are VW approved and produced by highly reputable companies. if it were my TDI - i'd use any of them with confidence and UOA test (of course) to determine if the oil was resulting in optimal protection and performance in my engine / operating conditions.

cheers!

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
Lubro Moly Longtime High Tech 5w30 oil

I bumped this cause I just found Impex is selling this oil - That is now three sources -

Bleached Bora
Interauto Sandiego
Impex

This is now a good choice with at min three sources. Although its not 507, it is new chemistry. It has MB 229.51, SM and BMW LL04, so its got a broader range for those who own various engines.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Haven't seen a request for this stuff in a long time. Great oil though :). Feel free to contact me if anyone wants some, I can special order it in.
-BB