DPF Problems no buy back

Ruc123

TDI
2010 Jetta tdi 2.0
So the buyback program won’t take my car because it has a salvage title and I bought it after sept 15th I didn’t even know about the recall at that time. For those reasons they won’t buy back my car but my dpf is clogged and won’t regen I have tryed using a snap on computer to regen and following the manual. What options do I have to maybe clean the dpf or delete it for the cheapest price money is super tight. Dealer quoted me 3k to fix it.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
You need a complete diagnostic to identify options.

a generic scanner will not really do the job

search for a VCDS near you, if the dealer did not tell you exactly what is wrong.

what are the calculated and measured soot values?

What error codes are present in the engine controller?

is there any soot in the tailpipe?

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Does the car run? Can you drive it? A clogged DPF, in itself, has nothing whatever to do with eligibility for buyback. If you can drive it at the buyback appointment, it qualifies.
Issues with a salvage title are a whole other aspect of eligibility, having nothing to do with the car's ability to be driven, and I know nothing about that aspect of buybacks. Best move may be to get with someone who has done the buyback with a salvage title, and get an idea of what you'll need to do.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
like meerschm said, run your finger in the tailpipe. It should be very clean. If its sooty then you probably have a cracked DPF and need a new EGR filter also. (code p0401). If its plugged and not cracked then You might need to look into why the DPF plugged. Is the CEL on for something that is not letting the car regen?? like a diff pressure senor or exhaust throttle valve.

If you look in the for sale section here there have been several DPF delete kits for sale recently from buyback cars. but you would also need a tune to go with it to get rid of the regen software orders. That might be cheaper than replacing everything.

But don't know what your emissions check requirements are where you live.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
What DTC are stored in the ecu?

This info is the critical consideration for deciding the best path forward.

BCKCX2

TDI
2002 Jetta
I have a 2009 Jetta with a salvage title approved for buyback now. Was on the road in 2015, totaled in 2017, rebuilt/re titled by me in 2017. No issues with the buyback process.

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
So the buyback program won’t take my car because it has a salvage title and I bought it after sept 15th I didn’t even know about the recall at that time. For those reasons they won’t buy back my car but my dpf is clogged and won’t regen I have tryed using a snap on computer to regen and following the manual. What options do I have to maybe clean the dpf or delete it for the cheapest price money is super tight. Dealer quoted me 3k to fix it.
Can you give some more detail on the dates?

1. What date was the car crashed?

2. What date was the car issued a rebuilt title?

3. What date did you purchase the car?

I have a 2009 Jetta with a salvage title approved for buyback now. Was on the road in 2015, totaled in 2017, rebuilt/re titled by me in 2017. No issues with the buyback process.
When did you purchase the car?