www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old November 15th, 2018, 23:05   #1
DieselDuberrr

TDI(s): 03 Jetta
Default Vibration after mount change

guys,

had some issues with vibration on gear changes and when lifting off the throttle. I changed the dogbone, trans mount. When I was doing the drivers side, I noticed the engine had dropped. So investigation revealed that the rear mount ear had broken off. I repaired this with the dieselgeek mount fix.

Anyway now I have a different kind of vibration. When I accelerate I get vibration through the steering wheel and pedals etc.

I am hoping that I failed to align the mounts correctly. Is this something that could cause that? Before i changed the mounts there was no vibration when accelerating. It only happens when i get above 2700 ish RPM.

My other thought was drive shaft, or CV etc... but then i was thinking why would that start now all of a sudden.

This is the last thing enabling me to actually get this on the road.
DieselDuberrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 04:40   #2
eddieleephd
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38mix / 47@70-75

Take it in to get the wheel balance and alignment checked. Better to be sure than run in circles chasing ghosts.

Stiffer mounts can transmit more vibration as well.
'02 1.8t Jetta Wagon Alh w/5spd swap, SB 21#SM DD, bew lift pump, 11mm IP, VNT17, Malone stage4 tune, Stealth pipe, BMW Cyclonic CCV filter, 2.5"cat back st. pipe,Vr6 brakes, 2" lift, Panzer, Bilstein HD, fill tube ectomy, soon to be Wuzetem p.520 PD_fuel_delivery TDI Search Plug release tool Howto terminal release tools VW/Audi
eddieleephd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 06:55   #3
HamtramckDiesel

Fuel Economy: 48.7 mpg

It could also take sometime for the mounts to "break-in". Also, it sounds like you you just could have bad tires, rotors, or other suspension issues. Like eddie said. Take it in for an alignment.
HamtramckDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 07:38   #4
steve6
Veteran Member

...and if you installed any kind of Poly mounts expect more vibrations
steve6 is online now   Reply With Quote