2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door TDI (sold back for Dieselgate), 91 Golf 4 Door with 1Z swap
How big is the waiting list? I don't have the cash for the kit now but I'd love to be on the list if there is that long of a wait.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
How big is the waiting list? I don't have the cash for the kit now but I'd love to be on the list if there is that long of a wait.

The list is huge. My own fault and I do apologize. I've been slacking and havn't been pumping these out as fast as I should be!!! Many have been waiting for months and months.I do need to regroup and resolve a few things that have been bothering me.
- shipping is expensive and slow from Canada.
- my installation instructions need to be updated and simplified, helping our members have a hassle free and easier install.
- an interference has been identified with the filter on some MK6 sedans. I've been working hard on a new filter with help from one of our members, but no resolution yet.
- The high flow version for the Stage 3 (bigger turbo) didn't work. Thats ok, just have to keep at it!!!
Once I get the above issues resolved, I'll get back in the groove.
Please be patient and apologies if I haven't got back to your PMs or emails.
Thanks!
Andrew

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door TDI (sold back for Dieselgate), 91 Golf 4 Door with 1Z swap
The list is huge. My own fault and I do apologize. I've been slacking and havn't been pumping these out as fast as I should be!!! Many have been waiting for months and months.I do need to regroup and resolve a few things that have been bothering me.
- shipping is expensive and slow from Canada.
- my installation instructions need to be updated and simplified, helping our members have a hassle free and easier install.
- an interference has been identified with the filter on some MK6 sedans. I've been working hard on a new filter with help from one of our members, but no resolution yet.
- The high flow version for the Stage 3 (bigger turbo) didn't work. Thats ok, just have to keep at it!!!
Once I get the above issues resolved, I'll get back in the groove.
Please be patient and apologies if I haven't got back to your PMs or emails.
Thanks!
Andrew
Wish you weren't in Canada, I'd come by and help you myself. Maybe it's time to setup a US located distriburor? I know you've been dealing with Les at Diesel dubs (hint hint...).

Well if this is the place to get on the list, please put me on it.

Name is Merritt Bishop
Car is 2011 Golf Manual
Current mileage is 135k and counting, I'd like to get a kit before 150k if possible.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
If you have that much of a backlog, put me on the list too. just passed 64K miles on the JSW and looking for at least that many more before I give it to one of the kids.

pedaltheglobe

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI w/ Package 1
Today my glow plug light was flashing during a 10 mile drive back to work from lunch break. Once in the parking lot I turned the car off, restarted, and the glow plug light was still flashing and the engine light was on. I turned off the car again, restarted, and just engine light. No glow plug light. After work I started the car and no glow plug light or engine light. I drove approximately 50 miles with multiple start/stop cycles with no problems.

The reason for posting in this thread is nearly every documented hpfp failures first symptom is a flashing glow plug light. However since 2micron's kit is installed I am wondering if the symptoms would be the same or different? Most people's cars stopped running only a few miles after the flashing glow plug light. However, if I have a failing hpfp I am wondering if it would take longer to totally fail due to better filtration?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
However, if I have a failing hpfp I am wondering if it would take longer to totally fail due to better filtration?
I doubt it. Usually when an HPFP fails the engine just quits because the HPFP cannot properly maintain fuel rail pressure. If it is still drivable, there is obviously enough rail pressure for the injectors to fire. The 2micron system just prevents the damaged parts of the HPFP from spreading throughout the entire fuel system. I think it is time to scan your car with VCDS and see what fault codes are stored in your ECU. There are probably hundreds of different things that can cause a CEL or a flashing GP light. Jumping to the conclusion that a flashing GP light equals an HPFP failure is only going to work sometimes. Instead of speculating about what went wrong, it is time to ask the car about what it knows.

Have Fun!

Don

pedaltheglobe

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI w/ Package 1
Yea I need to scan it, but I don't have a vcds. Going to try to borrow a buddies. Also, going to pull the filters and take a peek. So in the case of a failed hpfp with 2micron's system can we speculate on what will likely be the chain of events since there is not a documented case as of yet? Will it be the same symptoms? I was under the impression the engine stops because the injectors get clogged with metal particles. Does the hpfp slowly go or does it totally implode at once?

umrpunter

Veteran Member
TDI
09' Black Jetta TDI manny tranny, tan pleather, wd6050 hd
pedal - I would think that the kit would slow down the failure.....who knows by how much a second, a min, an hour? Not having metal particles in your HPFP (recycled ones, not the new ones it is making) would have to help. I hope it is something else for your sake, but if it is the HPFP I think we will all be on the edge of our seat to see what the collateral damage is.

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Without the kit the rail pressure may also end up too low due to metal swarf stuck in the rail pressure control mechanism, not just the cam/follower wear causing reduced stroke and/or HP piston/checkvalve problems. 2micron's kit would (should) keep metal from getting into the rail/injectors/control mech, so (in my head anyway) it seems like it would slow down "noticing" a failure.

colekicker

TDI
2010 JSW w/ DSG HPFP failure at 79K, 137K and clogged DPF
He could have a glow plug going out. I had one do the same thing after a HPFP failure.

autoxerwgn

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDI DSG, 2006 TDI (Sold)
I just decided to check back here for a progress report. I have been on the list for a while, and just waiting as patiently as I can. I do like my car, but the mechanical uncertainty doesn't inspire confidence. Between the DPF/EGR components, and the fuel system, that's a big ?? to be worried about. I have been using additives since I got the car (used) and so far, no metal in the factory filter housing. Just looking forward to installing this kit to help ease my mind and hopefully lessen the cost if in fact the pump does decide to grenade for one reason or another.

Andy_2009_JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (DSG)[SOLD BACK], 2012 Golf 2.5L Gasser (5MT), 2017 Alltrack S (6MT)
Even though the list is big/huge for the Flow protection kits, please add me to the list. PM sent.

Slalom

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
2 microntech, I'd like to be added to the waitlist as well for both kits. Couldn't send you a PM.

Jettaneeds

TDI
2006 Jetta Sedan, 2009 Jetta Sportwagon
I would also like to be added to the list for both kits. My lights :eek: came on as others and after checking with the software, 0087 code jumped at me :confused:. I drove only 2 miles before being at my shop. I found two small gold particles in my fuel filter. It might be just one of the regulators, but I am not driving it until the filter kits are installed. Hopefully, not the pump but I am not taking any chances.

If the backlog is due to machining, I can help in that area. Just let me know.

Please add me to your list!

1dieselsteve

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Jetta
I'd like both kits as well, thinking about upgrading to a CR170, so I want it to be supportive. Currently have the stock turbo. Roughly when would it be available for sale. My warranty runs out in march of next year, by then I hope I have your kit.

peterloron

TDI
2009 SportWagen TDI
Please add me to the list as well for both kits. Also, please send me a PM, I may have options for you on production assistance.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Anyone have an idea of the current wait time? Seems like a lot of people are signing up!
Only Andrew (2micron) knows the answer to your question. He has been very busy. I am sure that he will let us know what is going on whenever he has a chance. What I do know is that some of the manufacturing is outsourced - like the basic cutting and lathe work. Then Andrew does much of the finishing work (drilling, tapping, bending, etc) in his barn/garage/basement (whichever it is) workshop. I do not know where in this chain things are. Just remember that he has a full time job and a family. This whole thing grew out of a hobby. I know what it is like when a simple idea grows bigger and faster than expected and you get a bit overwhelmed. He will catch up, but it will take some time.

Have Fun!

Don

Tuco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I took a tour of the X-Train facility recently (X-treme Manufacturing), and noticed they are churning out a product called Turbo-Tap. It's not their product, they just handle fabrication under contract to the owners of Turbo-Tap.

I wonder if Andrew has looked into filing for a patent, and farming out the manufacturing just as Turbo-Tap is doing? Then he could just sit back and cash checks...

It's pretty clear the demand for his product dwarfs current production capability.

Killabee228

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen manual
Only Andrew (2micron) knows the answer to your question. He has been very busy. I am sure that he will let us know what is going on whenever he has a chance. What I do know is that some of the manufacturing is outsourced - like the basic cutting and lathe work. Then Andrew does much of the finishing work (drilling, tapping, bending, etc) in his barn/garage/basement (whichever it is) workshop. I do not know where in this chain things are. Just remember that he has a full time job and a family. This whole thing grew out of a hobby. I know what it is like when a simple idea grows bigger and faster than expected and you get a bit overwhelmed. He will catch up, but it will take some time.

Have Fun!

Don

Now I feel bad for wanting to drive to omaha to DPF delete my ecu.... :(

miamijerry

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
How can I get on the list for one of each of the "Contain flow" and "Pure Flow" kits?

I can not PM 2micron because his inbox is full.

CurlyDE

TDI
2012 JSW TDI DSG
I would like to be added to the list for both kits also. No rush for me ... still have a lot of time/miles on the factory warranty.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How can I get on the list for one of each of the "Contain flow" and "Pure Flow" kits?

I can not PM 2micron because his inbox is full.
Post #1 in this thread also gives you an email address to send him an email directly instead of using PMs.

Have Fun!

Don

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT

Have Fun!

Don
I hear ya Don, that's why I asked here. I have a pretty large woodworking hobby, and I've built a few commission pieces before, so I know how it goes just on a very small scale like cutting boards! I'll keep me eyes peeled here.

Stranjedaze

TDI
Jetta TDI Sedan 09'
2 microntec-, I'm a new user, and I know your super busy. But I'd like to be added to the waitlist as well for both kits. Thanks!