Where to buy a bypass oil filter kit

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Sorry, they will not. The only setups I will be making are for 1999 through 2006 MK4 Golf TDI, 1999 through 2005.5 Jetta TDI and 2004-2006 New Beetles.

Last edited:

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
For anyone considering an ALH bypass setup I would recommend going with the braided stainless steel return line. The Viton seals I use in the Camozzi fittings for the oil cap returns have been reliable but will never be seep-free forever like the braided return is. I do include a pair of extra Viton seals for the quick release oil cap fittings.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Just got my 17/22 delivered yesterday, just now ordered my BEW bypass kit. Whats another 230 on a 2400 cc bill lol. Gotta keep that new turbo well lubed ;)

osesu96

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI - Platinum Gray
Jim,

Did you make a BRM version in the past? If so, what is the difference between the BEW and BRM versions? Could I modify a BEW version to fit a BRM? Just wondering thanks.

Also, thanks for making these kits. They are phenomenal and I recommend them to everyone. Worth the money for sure.

Regards,
Owen

Last edited:

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I did once make 50 pieces of a BRM specific kit but I won't be making more. The ALH/BEW filter clamp is a different diameter than the BRM so it won't work. In my estimation there aren't enough BRM people interested in a bypass kit to warrant another 50 piece (miniumum) run.

For 2005.5 and newer cars (BRM and all common rial) I have made an integral mounting point for the Amsoil BK-303 bypass filter mount on the driver side mounting bracket of my Panzer skid plate kit. Due to the low mounting point you must have skid plate protection if you are running a bypass filer so low. The off-the-shelf Amsoil BMK-21 bypass kit is what you would use if you have a MK5 or MK6 car and you have our Panzer plate. I have no plans on offering a custom bypass kit for the newer cars.

Last edited:

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
There are some used and new (old stock) ones that show up on the for sale section from time to time. I won't be making any more of them since I don't have any more of the special screw machine parts. It takes orders of 100's of those to be economically viable. There just isn't enough demand for 100's of kits and I've moved on to other endeavors.

DIY is possible but there are special screw machine parts needed that aren't available.

Jjyynnxx

TDI
2000 ALH New Beetle
There are some used and new (old stock) ones that show up on the for sale section from time to time. I won't be making any more of them since I don't have any more of the special screw machine parts. It takes orders of 100's of those to be economically viable. There just isn't enough demand for 100's of kits and I've moved on to other endeavors.

DIY is possible but there are special screw machine parts needed that aren't available.
Thanks!!! I’ll have to keep my eyes open... I have a NB, is it possible to modify one from a Jetta/golf?

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
If you have a 2004-2006 BEW NB then any Dieselgeek bypass setup other than the very earliest ones will work on the New Beetle. If you have a '98-'03 ALH NB then you would need to do extensive modification to your low side (fatter) A/C lines for the bypass kit to fit.