Installed Revo on my 2009 TDI yesterday

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
First off, a big thank you to Coolbreeze for posting the pre & post dyno numbers on his JSW with Revo. This was VERY helpful and made the decision easier for me:D

My thoughts are great thus far and I am very satisfied. It was kind of a weird experience to start off with, so I will post my feelings in a time line after the Revo flash.

First 10 minutes - Thought I made a $500 mistake because I felt NO difference

10-20 minutes after - started to notice and feel more power

20-30 minutes after - Obvious it was installed now and can feel the torque

30 minutes plus - Power is fully there and it pulls very strong to the redline

I have noticed the full power comes on a little later than stock at 2100 but pulls hard all the way to the redline. The BEST thing about the tune is there is no dead spots in the acceleration. No drop off or delay up to the redline. The acceleration is extremely smooth and mid-upper range power is much better. Highway acceleration and passing power is very noticeable.

I know this is horrible quality but I did take a video this morning in the dark with my camera phone (links are below). I went to about 15 mph then floored it up to 80 mph. Maybe it will give you some idea of the feel. I hope to get some better quality stuff up soon.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCdk6Rlu8DE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4_qRUbjeNk

Thanks!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Congrats on the tune. You know its funny but I failed to mention my first ten minutes in the Jetta after I picked it up post flash was identical. I think for me having never flashed a car before and the year of anticipation probably had me expecting to get in the car and have the front end leave the ground the moment I hit the pedal. So I to wondered if I had made a mistake. Then like you said it seemed to become more noticeable or I was coming back to reality. Lots of fun for sure. Enjoy. :D

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
I really didn't know what to expect (never tuned a car before) but the first 10 minutes was not fun at all. I really thought I had just burned $500 bucks. Thankfully 10 minutes passed and the smile continued to grow.

Thanks again!

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
LNXGUY said:
Weird how the car adapts to the tune I guess. Congrats! Enjoy it!
I think it was more of us adapting to the cars tune. I think my expectations where out of line with reality.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
coolbreeze said:
I think it was more of us adapting to the cars tune. I think my expectations where out of line with reality.
Definitely different then your standard nozzle/tune upgrade for the ALH. When you get in the car after it's been done, it's a night and day difference.

Sundowner

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet
did either of you guys run some 0-60 sprints, just to get another benchmark for the Revo software?

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
Not yet but I will whenever the snow is gone.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
DoctorDawg said:
North Carolina: where you would have chosen to be born if somebody had asked you.
How many of you out there are getting hit with this snow. Troutman is starting to get it pretty good right now.

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
We have about 3-4 inches over my way (20 minutes outside of Winston-Salem). Looks like Saturday will be full of sledding and tubing with the kids! I think we are expecting the same weather as Troutman. Maybe a couple inches more since we are further North.

Have Fun!

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
No doubt. That's a good bit of snow.

Enjoy!

cmkaner

Veteran Member
TDI
Camp. White '09 TDI Loyal Edition
I can't believe REVO doesn't have the 2.0l CRD listed under their website. This is exciting news though; I might save up a few pennies and get the tune myself if I can find a dealer around me who can do it.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
I'm impressed the OP was able to create a video with a camera phone, steer, and shift all at the same time. ;)

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
I was impressed myself that I was able to coordinate it all without finding a ditch somewhere;) . Probably not the smartest thing but I couldn't resist. I always wished there video's before I took the plunge. Hopefully I can get some decent ones up soon.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
cmkaner said:
I can't believe REVO doesn't have the 2.0l CRD listed under their website. This is exciting news though; I might save up a few pennies and get the tune myself if I can find a dealer around me who can do it.
The official release will be after the 1st of the year, but call them and they will direct u to the nearest dealer to get yours now.

Dieselfitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI with DSG
Revo Technik is VW Approved! IDFBI!

Went to Revo Website to look for the dealer nearest me.

Clicked on 'Edmonton' and it took me to Norden Autohaus, one of the 2 VW dealers in Edmonton.

I will contact them. I also got the info on the 5 hour trial on this site. I think I'll opt for the 5 hour trial as I would like to see if this interferes with the DSG Electronics.

Does anyone have the Dyno results for the '09 TDI with the Revo installed?

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
Coolbreeze has all the dyno numbers but I forgot the name of the post. Just do a search under his name and you will find it (he posted the revo dyno a couple of weeks ago).

I think torque was up 57 and it added 20 HP. I added Revo the very next day.

Very happy with my Revo so far. My TDI has no flat spots anymore and it pulls strong to the redline.

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
Actually gained an average 1.5 on my only tanks since revo. All my driving is 80% hwy so my last 2 tanks were around 42 mpg. Of course I was also driving the car much harder trying out revo. I am sure it will be even better (my guess is 44+) when I go back to normal driving.

I averaged 40-41 all the time before revo. Very happy to actually see an INCREASE with revo!

Last edited:

TDI_Coast2Coast

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI SW 6spd Manual
I'm so tempted to do this to the 2010 :p

I'm assuming warranty goes bye bye? :confused: I thought I read in the other thread that it didn't, but I find this too good to be true :(

coolbreeze, what was the deal with the warranty? Do you have to bring it back to a specific stealership?

This would make an awesome late Christmas present :D

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
My VW dealer covers Revo under warranty, which is the reason I purchased it. Not sure how it works but I know they have been installing Revo for years and honoring factory warranties.

I purchased mine from the same place as Coolbreeze, so I am sure he will add some more info. I actually had no intention to do Revo so soon but since the local dealer would honor the VW warranty....why not.

I am sure it has to go back to the specific stealership but that's ok with me. I have friend who has worked in the service department (I think over 10 years as a VW tech/shop mgr.) for a long time and I feel comfortable with him servicing my car. He will be the only one working on mine under warranty. It will be mine after that though, which is fine by me.

It was my early Christmas present as well:D

Good Luck

Last edited:

Dieselfitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI with DSG
Just got an E-mail from the VW Dealership. They will have the upgrade shortly for the '09TDI. I was also informed that this could create warranty issues if problems arise! BS, as far as I'm concerned. A VW DEALER INSTALLED IT! They do have a 5 hour(driving time) free trial.

I wonder what the REAL Legalities of this would be if 'Push Came To Shove?'