Anyone ever used the bridge warranty on the 3.0L gen 2 yet?

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Assumably it'll become active only after your claim is approved.

I am wondering how soon dealers will accept the warranty work since the CEL on my Cayenne comes up, showing NOX sensor related problems.

Compass Error

TDI
2014 Q5
Assumably it'll become active only after your claim is approved.
I am wondering how soon dealers will accept the warranty work since the CEL on my Cayenne comes up, showing NOX sensor related problems.
We had a number of issues come up all at once (tail light has water in it and throws a code, dash light for fuel pump, and strange noise from the transmission/differential) and they are (thankfully) covering all 3 under bridge warranty. It sounded like they weren't quite sure if it would be covered but guess they got enough clarification from VW to tell us on the phone it is covered, but we'll know for sure when it's picked up today and the bill shows $0

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
We had a number of issues come up all at once (tail light has water in it and throws a code, dash light for fuel pump, and strange noise from the transmission/differential) and they are (thankfully) covering all 3 under bridge warranty. It sounded like they weren't quite sure if it would be covered but guess they got enough clarification from VW to tell us on the phone it is covered, but we'll know for sure when it's picked up today and the bill shows $0
Is your vehicle is original 4yr/50k miles?

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
I don't recall the warranty but we're well out of it at 105k+ miles. Not sure if it helps but we're the original owners, bought in Nov 2013 from the dealer we're servicing at.
That must be the bridge warranty in effect. Awesome!

Is your claim approved(received an offer)? Did you let them do the oil/adblue service(suppose to be free), by the way?

Last edited:

Compass Error

TDI
2014 Q5
That must be the bridge warranty in effect. Awesome!
Did you let them do the oil/adblue service(suppose to be free), by the way?
They are doing an oil service but no mention of that being free. I thought I saw something about that but can't recall, can you link? I'll send it to my wife to bring with her tonight

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M RIP, 2015 GSW SE TDI 6M, 2015 Q7 TDI
I thought we only get a free oil change/Adblue if there's no approved fix?

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
I don't recall the warranty but we're well out of it at 105k+ miles. Not sure if it helps but we're the original owners, bought in Nov 2013 from the dealer we're servicing at.
Thanks for confirming. Good to know that you are covered.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Is there a bridge warrenty on gen 1 2.0 cars?
Nope. Only free oil/adblue while waiting for the emissions modification to be
performed on their vehicle or for the Buyback/Trade-In to be completed

Last edited:

Compass Error

TDI
2014 Q5
We just got the car back and can confirm it was covered, the printout shows "covered under U97 extension". Oil change was not free, as expected