Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
It would greatly benefit everyone waiting for the buyback if this dude was handled first. His complaints are tiring, and he is dominating the time of the support team with incessant calls. Can we start a petition?
I've said it before to somebody.....

Everyone in this settlement needs to be treating this like the JG Wentworth commercial......"ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW" hahahahahaha

I'm stuck not knowing when I'll buy a new car.

A toss up time line that I could get my buy back money is December, January, Feburary, March, April......

Which means the car/color I want which is available in about 3 dealerships in the area will be gone by the time I get my backback money....

Then its the last options of a factory order which takes 8-12 weeks.....

Its all a VW Hurry up and wait charade to me....VW drags their feet which I have to rely on a factory order

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Why not just order the car you want now? Most places require a small down payment that is refundable.

If the money comes in sooner and they have what you want on the lot, you can take it. If the money comes in later, you know the "your" car is on it's way. Or you will at least (maybe) have a turn in date that you can try to coordinate with your other car coming in.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

dmanb2b

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2011 335D
I've said it before to somebody.....

Everyone in this settlement needs to be treating this like the JG Wentworth commercial......"ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW" hahahahahaha

I'm stuck not knowing when I'll buy a new car.

A toss up time line that I could get my buy back money is December, January, Feburary, March, April......

Which means the car/color I want which is available in about 3 dealerships in the area will be gone by the time I get my backback money....

Then its the last options of a factory order which takes 8-12 weeks.....

Its all a VW Hurry up and wait charade to me....VW drags their feet which I have to rely on a factory order
No one is holding you up. If you really want a new car now, go buy or lease it. Yes you'd double up on car insurance, registration, etc, but you'd get the car you "want". That's what I did. But in my case, I "wanted" a particular car. The car I "needed" is sitting in my backyard, awaiting buyback.;)

If you can't afford it without the buyback, well then wait and be patient. I doubt you would have gotten a better deal had the scandal never occurred via private party sale or trade-in, so be patient.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Why not just order the car you want now? Most places require a small down payment that is refundable.

If the money comes in sooner and they have what you want on the lot, you can take it. If the money comes in later, you know the "your" car is on it's way. Or you will at least (maybe) have a turn in date that you can try to coordinate with your other car coming in.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

I already tried that but backed out for a required $500 factory order deposit fee only because I don't faith I'll have my buyback money within 8-12 weeks of the factory order arrival.

If my factory order car just sits there when it arrives and I don't have my buyback money yet, then the deposit turns into a non-refundable deposit.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
No one is holding you up. If you really want a new car now, go buy or lease it. Yes you'd double up on car insurance, registration, etc, but you'd get the car you "want". That's what I did. But in my case, I "wanted" a particular car. The car I "needed" is sitting in my backyard, awaiting buyback.;)

If you can't afford it without the buyback, well then wait and be patient. I doubt you would have gotten a better deal had the scandal never occurred via private party sale or trade-in, so be patient.
I can definately afford it without the buy back by putting a good downpayment on for fiancing it but , I rather have the buyback in hand to pay for the car in full cash.

I could get the car I want now then turn around pay the full balance when I get the buyback, but that means dealing with the DMV again.

By paying full in cash is a peace of mind by having no monthly payments and having a clean title / no lien :cool:

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Can we please have some clarity in defining the following terms, which are being thrown around willy-nilly in this thread...
Accepted -This means the documents you uploaded were checked out OK (no problems with resolution, bits being cut off by the scanner etc.) Usually, awareness of the acceptance is in the form of an email, worded as follows...
We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number xxxxxx. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective.
This process (i.e. up to the point this email is issued) takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. In my case it was almost a month (upload 9-19, accept 10-17) but others have reported shorter (upload 10-6, accept 10-25).
The email is coincident with the claims website presenting a page with the documents listed with green check-marks next to them.
Eligibility - Being eligible, would imply that you've received an email in addtion to the one quoted above, stating that eligibility has been determined. As far as I know, nobody on this board (as of today, 10-27) has been informed that they are eligible.
Approve - To me, this would imply that eligibility has been approved, and the claimant is good to go ahead and set up an appointment with the dealer for turn-in. As fas as I know, nobody on this board (as of today, 10-27) is officially approved to do so.
PLEASE STOP SAYING "APPROVED", when what you're actually referring to is the document upload being accepted, and eligibility still being determined.
I agree!
Some further clarification as I understand it, with the two 10 day intervals thrown in.
Up until tuesday, the settlement wasn't official, therefore they were accepting documents somewhat randomly. Now that it's official, they need to start accepting everyone who has submitted so far, and presumably there will be a rush of non-forum owners submitting.
The time period they have to accept your stuff after upload I'm not sure about.
Once accepted, they have ten days to determine your eligibility. if you are eligible, they then have ten MORE days to approve you, then ten more to set up an appointment?
:confused: OK wait I confused myself... that's too many ten day chunks.
Sorry I thought I was helping... maybe someone else can lay out the time line succinctly.

IZZY77

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
I was under the impression it was 10 days to determine eligibility then 10 to finalize, which would make sense as we were allowed to pick a pretty early buyback date. But I could be wrong.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
I was under the impression it was 10 days to determine eligibility then 10 to finalize, which would make sense as we were allowed to pick a pretty early buyback date. But I could be wrong.
Like the terms eligibility and approval are basically the same thing...

IZZY77

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Like the terms eligibility and approval are basically the same thing...
In a perfect world. Then again the operator I spoke to at the 800 number wasn't sure if my registration would be accepted because I didn't include a copy of the back. Which is blank.

I'm trying to keep the mileage low, if this does come to fruition I gotta get off my duff and start arranging the next vehicle.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I'm trying to keep the mileage low, if this does come to fruition I gotta get off my duff and start arranging the next vehicle.
Same here trying to keep the mileage low. I've been forcing myself to ride my motorcycle everyday to save mileage on the TDI in order to get a higher buyback because I sure don't drive the TDI over 1024 miles a month. I suck it up and ride my motorcycle at current average mid-Atlantic weather around in 30/40's low / 55-60 Highs...I even rode with freezing hands when it was 35 degrees yesterday morning. All of this just to get more money out of the buyback :(

ohenry

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Same here trying to keep the mileage low. I've been forcing myself to ride my motorcycle everyday to save mileage on the TDI in order to get a higher buyback because I sure don't drive the TDI over 1024 miles a month. I suck it up and ride my motorcycle at current average mid-Atlantic weather around in 30/40's low / 55-60 Highs...I even rode with freezing hands when it was 35 degrees yesterday morning. All of this just to get more money out of the buyback :(
That seems a bit ... I don't know, over the top? I played around with various mileage numbers using the buyback calculator, and if I parked my Passat for 4 months (adding no miles), my buyback would go up a hair over $500.

That doesn't seem worth the trouble to me.

IZZY77

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
If I read the estimate correctly your current mileage put you in a 5000 mile
Window that kept the estimate where it was, or did I misinterpret that?

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
That's a perfect example of a self-induced problem. Look at the court documents and figure out what the decrease amount is per bracket ($150-300 for many cases) and then get back to us as to whether or not what you're doing is REALLY worth $150-300.

I commuted on my motorcycle one winter. The coldest it got was around 10*. 10* sucks at 50 MPH (took a backroad) with no windscreen. Even with fancy BMW winter gloves and with glove liners inside of those...my fingertips were numb when I made it to work.

Park the motorcycle, eat the $150-300, and be comfortable on your commute. That and do yourself a favor and don't tell anyone at work why it is that you're commuting on your motorcycle going into the winter. If you attempt to use your rationalization hamster to spin this story, they'll wonder what else is going on up there.

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
I'm still riding for fun!

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
You are putting wear on your motorcycle by riding it in non optimal weather. And if you ever fell off, the losses would dwarf your TDi mileage savings.

Take it from someone who rode over 200,000 miles in his lifetime, a lot of it in less than optimal weather. It takes a toll on your body, much of which you may not notice until you get a lot older.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
You are putting wear on your motorcycle by riding it in non optimal weather. And if you ever fell off, the losses would dwarf your TDi mileage savings.

Take it from someone who rode over 200,000 miles in his lifetime, a lot of it in less than optimal weather. It takes a toll on your body, much of which you may not notice until you get a lot older.
I like the kick knowledge that was said. No kids and not married, you can tell I'm still somewhat young and I still consider myself a rookie motorcycle rider only riding for 2 years haha.

Jimbabwe

TDI
2014 JSW TDI DSG
Over 250,000 miles over the years (on 4 motorcycles), and I still get a smile on my face every time I swing a leg over the seat. Don't quit riding because others say it's time to, or its dangerous, or its cold, or you're crazy, or... stop when it's no fun anymore.
The one advantage my car has is the ability to get an extra cup of coffee in me before work.

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
Over 250,000 miles over the years (on 4 motorcycles), and I still get a smile on my face every time I swing a leg over the seat. Don't quit riding because others say it's time to, or its dangerous, or its cold, or you're crazy, or... stop when it's no fun anymore.
The one advantage my car has is the ability to get an extra cup of coffee in me before work.
I've owned a bike of some sort from the time I was 17 - still riding but not as much since retiring 13 years ago. Been riding almost 52 years and counting. Last time I sat down and tried to figure out how many miles I've ridden so far I came up with is about 400,000 miles. Not one accident in all those miles.

At times a bike was my only transportation. I've ridden in all sort of weather. As I get older (69 next month) I tend to look at the weather before I get the scooter out. Anything below 50* and I'm in the car.

That reminds me - gotta take the Ghia out one more time for this year then tuck it into it's winter cover and plug in the battery tender. Same for the scooter.

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
The site is currently unavailable for maintenance and routine updates.
For any immediate concerns, please call 1-844-98-CLAIM (844-982-5246).

on https://claims.vwgoa.com/

probably uploading all the info and approvals from the settlement finally

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Pretty sure early claims got assigned to an employee that stopped showing up for work. Unfortunately, no one has noticed his absence yet. Same 9/17 date here as well. So much for the first-come, first-served idea.

IZZY77

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Pretty sure early claims got assigned to an employee that stopped showing up for work. Unfortunately, no one has noticed his absence yet. Same 9/17 date here as well. So much for the first-come, first-served idea.
Maybe I'm too optimistic but it would seem that the best way to save face would be to resolve the issue as soon as possible, as dragging it out would further hurt ownership loyalty. Furthermore, maybe it's 2 groups, pre-ruling and post ruling.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
If I read the estimate correctly your current mileage put you in a 5000 mile
Window that kept the estimate where it was, or did I misinterpret that?
Does anyone have a link to the calculators and mileage windows? Or can you get to it via the claims site?

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
The only thing I can get to on the claims site is the page where it shows me that my docs have been accepted
That and my account info (name, address). Pretty basic layout

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG

johnmharte

TDI
2013 JSW TDI - 6MT/Nav/Pano
I just came to check that if anyone else had gotten past the documentation is under review status.
Qualification & Documentation aka Step 15

Sounds like we are all in the same boat. Just waiting on the claim approval and date to dealer approval.