FS: 2001 TDI Jetta 5spd 250k (140k on Trans) Light rear damage, some light mods, VT

slight3r

TDI
2001 Jetta
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOLD<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Update 1/27/12: I believe the car has sold, it should be picked up this coming week. If that does not work out, I will update this post.

Thanks to all for the interest!

>>>>>looking for $2700<<<<<<<<
Mostly looking to see if there is interest or if I should just trade it in. Make me a reasonable offer.

Got bumped into last Wednesday on the way to work, thinking maybe this is a good time to go for something a little newer/AWD for VT winters/working at a ski mountain. The damage is to the trunklid, rear bumper, and left rear taillight. The body was also pushed in slightly where the trunklid latches, it will not currently latch completely. My local dealer has estimated a fix at $1,500 using a trunklid and bumper off a parts car on their lot, I suspect it could be fixed for less.

The Car:
2001 Jetta
5 speed
Dark Green
Black cloth interior
Power windows/locks/heated mirrors
Monsoon sound with 6 CD changer in the trunk

The car has 249,XXX miles and the transmission was replaced this past summer with a used (130k) transmission from an 03 TDI after 5th gear in the original trans finally blew up on me after whining for a while. The clutch (now single mass stock weight flywheel) and rear main seal were also replaced with the transmission. The front fenders are rusting around the top, my local dealer has approved the car for the fender recall/warranty so those can be taken care of. There is some rust on the rocker panels below the front fenders.

120Amp Alternator at the end of this summer.
Timing belt/water pump was done at a VW dealer at ~215k.
New battery from dealer 2 years ago, along with new rear beam bushings.
Has trailer hitch installed from before I got the car, never bothered to take it off.
Center opening on front bumper is slightly tweaked from before I got it, currently missing all three lower grill pieces.
Plastic under tray started to drag and was fixed several times before being completely removed.

Mods:
Aristos - 7mm spacers in front, 15mm spacers in rear. One has curbage on 5 spokes from letting a friend borrow the car, others are pretty clean. Tires were new summer 2011, 225/40R18H Nankang NS-II UHP, ~6k miles, still have lots of tread.

Supersport front coilovers - purchased new from diego@bestdubs.com in Oct 2007, probably 50-60k miles, seems to ride fine, idk if I would recognize blown struts or not. Rusted/seized at current height, ~.75in above tire with helper springs in.

Damping adjustable KYB AGX rear struts, adjustable spring perches from Supersport kit - still good condition, spring perches spin freely. Struts new summer of 2010

Sprint 520 nozzles - purchased from IDParts July 2007

Unitronic Stage 1+ w. EGR delete - DIY welded racepipe/EGR cooler delete

Eibach 25mm RSB - Mfr #: 1540.312, Summer 2010

Cross drilled (only drilled, not slotted) rotors F+R a few summers ago (maybe 2009?) I have a copy of the order in an email somewhere.
New rear pads 12/2011
Prothane Dogbone bushings
R32/TT Rear LCA bushings
42DD Red LED interior lights
0-30psi Boost gauge w. dual column pod (2nd position is empty)
FUNK Button to turn on light in boost gauge, used to power amp for subs (4gauge power and RCA signal cables are still in place)
TT short shifter/weight
Partial Joey'd headlights, just the bit that goes down the side/across the bottom, none of the area around the turn signals.
Hollowed out cat, 2.5in cat-back straight pipe. Currently set up as a side exit, will include a 2.5in hidden tip rear exit exhaust from a local shop that I run for inspection times.
I don't remember what else, I will try to post pics of the whole car if there is interest, I only have cell pics of the rear damage handy. Interior is in great condition as far as I can tell, no holes in the seats, never been smoked in. Hood has been repainted, only noticed one chip since then.

Racepipe/EGR cooler delete. Welded racepipe from a section of exhaust pipe and a piece of 3/16", welded and tapped additional tab for boost line fitting:

From better/cleaner days:

Last edited:

rhinotalon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta tdi
Is the trunk pushed in under the bumper? You got the oringal rims? Just wondering with the spacers could it go back to 15 inch rims..I have a set. Car could be driven home right? I think as long as I could get insurance on it, I could drive it back to Central New York right?

Face to face Cash deal give me you your drive it away price?
pm me
Thanx
Nobisout

Last edited:

slight3r

TDI
2001 Jetta
Is the trunk pushed in under the bumper? You got the oringal rims? Just wondering with the spacers could it go back to 15 inch rims..I have a set. Car could be driven home right? I think as long as I could get insurance on it, I could drive it back to Central New York right?
Face to face Cash deal give me you your drive it away price?
pm me
Thanx
Nobisout
Pm'd

Thanks for the interest!

HWgeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Not a bad looking car from the "in the day" photos!
Did you put any sort of belly pan after taking off the plastic tray?
What kind of timing belt was put on? (60k or 100k) and what else did they change when doing the belt?

Excuse my ignorance but what are joey'ed headlights????

roughly where in VT are you located? I am in southern NH. feel free to PM.
Thanks!
thanks!

slight3r

TDI
2001 Jetta
replied last night, more pics are available through email!

Not a bad looking car from the "in the day" photos!
Did you put any sort of belly pan after taking off the plastic tray?
What kind of timing belt was put on? (60k or 100k) and what else did they change when doing the belt?

Excuse my ignorance but what are joey'ed headlights????

roughly where in VT are you located? I am in southern NH. feel free to PM.
Thanks!
thanks!