Anyone waiting a VERY LONG time for an dealer ordered car?

jas67

TDI
2012 TDI JSW on order.
We ordered our Sportwagon TDI on May 10th. As of yesterday, our dealer still has no firm information from VWoA about when we can expect our car. They have shipped him spec cars for on the lot, and he was able to get another one that was ordered for a different customer, but is unable to get a commitment from VWoA on when we can expect our car (Red, Premium Package TDI Sportwagon).

Anyone else here have a similar experience trying to buy a VW?

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none

MPBsr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI....Traded in
Ditto on Chris 3193.

If not him, I would ask for a refund of some money. The 2012 IMO has lost some value since you ordered it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I think your timing was unfortunate, as your order was placed most likely after the plant had stopped building '11s and before it started building '12s. I'm not sure when Mexico starts production for a new model year but I'd be inclined to count 6-8 weeks from then, maybe from early August. But that's a guess.

I ordered a '12 Golf two weeks ago and was told 6-8 weeks before it's at the dealer. I honestly feel that's a bit optimistic. But I'm not in any hurry.

uwgh

Banned
TDI
2011 jetta
You wont have to experience the huge depreciation of driving your car off the lot.

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
I think your timing was unfortunate, as your order was placed most likely after the plant had stopped building '11s and before it started building '12s. I'm not sure when Mexico starts production for a new model year but I'd be inclined to count 6-8 weeks from then, maybe from early August. But that's a guess.

I ordered a '12 Golf two weeks ago and was told 6-8 weeks before it's at the dealer. I honestly feel that's a bit optimistic. But I'm not in any hurry.
Just make sure you get them by 12/31/2011, and keep the business use as close to 100% as you can. 100% 168(k) bonus depreciation ftw! :D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
The Golf will be 100% business, at least initially. I'm keeping my wagon so that's for personal use.