Nos on 1.9 TDi AFN

evomaster3000

TDI
A6 C5 1.9 AFN
I don't know if this has been discussed much on here but I've got a dry nos kit, had it for a few years now, but never actually used it properly.

Whats people's experince/views?

It's got a 50 shot on it, I don't know too much about nos on diesels so i haven't messed with it.

Thanks, Jack

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Mike i think that majesty78 said what he did with only a diesel tune in mind , yes you can spray it into the engine but you have to use another exotic with it to do so..........or have larger enough injectors that give exess fueling but that would make for a dirty tune with out the n20 been activated.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Please people, dont forget, externally "magic" given to the engine is UNCONTROLLED injection....no timing....
Excessive cylinder pressure can be an serious issue with that....

Greets, Alex

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
^^^Devonmikeyboy knows this already at first hand (warped cylinder head comes to mind!!):rolleyes: .

devonmikeyboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 2.0 PD140 Quattro S-Line
My cylinder head cracking had nothing to do with NOS. Spraying NOS on a FMIC on a road car is a waste of time, it`s only done like that on drag cars before they do a run down the track. NOS on diesels are sprayed into the inlet system which if done properly will be sprayed in at the same time as more fuel. The extra cyclinder pressure would be the same no matter if using NOS or a bigger turbo suppling the extra air. The more NOS sprayed the lower the EGT`s as well.

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
nobody talks about hydrogen injection ..i know a guy using hydrogen injection and he said he gained about 30 hp...the emission test ended a golf2 with 1z engine with euro5 ,and lower fuel consumption.

devonmikeyboy

Veteran Member
TDI
The slight fact that CO2 is just as good at cooling a FMIC, at least half the price for a bottle refill, a lot easier to get to get and cheaper when telling the insurance company would make anyone spraying NOS on the FMIC a stupid idiot unless they get the NOS for sod all.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
But unless the tune was over fueled every where in the rpm range when just using straight diesel and by quite a margin its not feasable to use unless you just overfuel it at wot only or use a second fuel and a programmer so that the n20 has got the fueling it needs to work with.

In using this extra fueling plus n20 would definetly raise cylinder pressure as would running hightened boost pressure with X sized turbo/boost pressure as would the exess heat from this fueling and n20 respectively.

devonmikeyboy

Veteran Member
TDI
I agree with what you have just posted Steve, first time for everything :p . I was just trying to point out that spraying NOS onto a FMIC was a stupid/expensive thing to do. Basically if your not going to spray NOS into the engine some how to be used as an extra source of oxygen then don`t bother using it at all. Not a great fan of NOS anyway and should only be used/fitted to a road car when all other avenues of adding extra oxygen have been looked at and dismissed.

Tindias

TDI
2001 Golf
If you want to make some power use the nitrous correctly. Nitrous with LPF for extra fuel can get you the gains you are looking for.

goldfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
devonmikeyboy said:
Not a great fan of NOS anyway and should only be used/fitted to a road car when all other avenues of adding extra oxygen have been looked at and dismissed.
A small dry shot really spools a large turbo quickly (on a gasser at least).

30shot + gt35r = full boost 1000rpms faster = wheeeeeeeee!!

DSLFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
for one or two runs, until the head gasket blows, or parts come out the side of the block, whichever occurs first!

Tindias said:
If you want to make some power use the nitrous correctly. Nitrous with LPF for extra fuel can get you the gains you are looking for.

StingrayRT

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A6 2.7Tdi Avant Quattro
mojogoes said:
Something StingrayRT is used to doing on a regular basis!!^^^
Mojo :)

We have simillar torque as Viper but just 1100kg.......it means that we loose traction (rain) and engine goes to hell - well over 7000rpm!!!!!!

Maximizer is a best solutions for diesel becasue we can set-up injection as we need..... using just a switch a wrong way and can be used just for mild tuning.

Please no fairy tales just ask where is true.....

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
I know the truth!! as for a drag racing diesel its all about fuel and nitros thats it ................tdi rs got to the promise land long before any one in Slovakia:rolleyes: using my Maximiser ='s "FIRST" you've just done it with a motor that started with more from the off:)

How many times have you had to rebuild that motor:( but hey i guess parts are cheap for you:rolleyes: ;) !!

StingrayRT

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A6 2.7Tdi Avant Quattro
hahhahaahaa...... at about 8 year ago I do nitrous car Skoda Octavia 4x4 ATD, and Seat Leon Cupra-R 4x4........ not sure if you are seriously informed and not just some fairy tales from oir competitor..... :)

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
The truth is....the FASTEST diesels in the world use nitrous.

...AND supporting mods!!! (i.e. strengthened block, trans., etc.)

Banks uses it to achieve 200+hp/liter in their diesel dragsters with minimal smoke and low to mid 7 sec. 1/4 mile ETs. They currently hold the NHRDA world record.

It would be hard to do the same on turbo alone...

Tindias

TDI
2001 Golf
DSLFAN said:
for one or two runs, until the head gasket blows, or parts come out the side of the block, whichever occurs first!
IDI yes, TDI no. TDIs can handle the gains from LPF and Nitrous very well. The pre-chamber in the IDIs is what causes so many problems with LPF. The key is low LPF for extra fuel and using the Nitrous with a progressive controller with the TDI.