2" lift kit on 2002 golf ?

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
My jetta wagon was 27-1/4 from the ground to the arch stock and 29-1/2 after lift spacers and Moog wagon springs. I dont know if that helps you or not... :)

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
That's a very nice amount of clearance! Have a set of spacers kicking around... don't give me any ideas. VR fronts? Moogs a bit stiffer than stock? they sure look it

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
My moog springs didnt lift my car any...until I added the spacers. My car was a wagon...does that make a difference?

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
I put new upper strut bushings in and they lifted the car 1". After 15 years I guess they got soft and compressed and lowered the front of the car.

Since I am always going lower, this came as a surprise! However, it could work out to the good when lifting the car.

I was toying with the idea of building a BAJA New Beetle and trying to put some 30's on it. Projects....

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
My moog springs didnt lift my car any...until I added the spacers. My car was a wagon...does that make a difference?
The spring will act different on a sedan as they're a bit lighter.
I decided to get a pair of springs made that would be better for me.
I had a Tacoma and had leaf springs made, loved them.
HD Bilstein and new bushings up front with custom springs in back is my choice for now.

A sedan riding on stock wagon springs will give a lift.

You can use the link http://www.vehiclepartsdatabase.com/ to see how long the springs are by part number.

Seems the real issue with lifts come with the front end and CV joint stresses.

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
Careful with a 2" lift if you're also refreshing with new suspension parts. You can over-do it.
will you please reword this?
Im confused.

Are You saying that if one does all the suspension it can cause other issues?

Or are you saying that if you don't do other components there is likely to be problems?

I really want/need 2" of lift, but consequences is why I have not pulled the trigger on anything yet.

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
When you say complete suspension upgrade what do you mean? Control arms tire rods all ball joints?

Like a million other tight wads I wanna do just the spacers struts/schocks, springs should not matter much with the spacers, just the rebound

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
I made my own spacers on 5 of our vw's, all ours a most of the suspension replaced.
No issues other than bottoming out front struts on large pot holes or speed bumps taken too fast......on my car I have over 200,000 miles on the lift.
Car now has 375,xxx miles on it now.

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
I made my own spacers on 5 of our vw's, all ours a most of the suspension replaced.
No issues other than bottoming out front struts on large pot holes or speed bumps taken too fast......on my car I have over 200,000 miles on the lift.
Car now has 375,xxx miles on it now.
Just got an email from Kerman says 1.5+ can make the front struts top out. Or droop as he said.

My question, how your mpg change and what height spacers you make? Wanna sell a pair? Haha

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
I want just less than 2" up front because of noted issues..

I'm really close to getting the Kerman 1" kit and vr6, front springs (maybe moogs) billistean TC's, new mounts ect. For the rear I'm thinking I'll use the wagon spring (and sell the extra spacer) and test the OEM shocks. If they are almost right I'll get the asjustables.