Crank Only, Glow Plug indicator, Limp Mode, P0087

92Estilo

TDI
Hi Everyone,

Could you help me with my car?
2011 Audi A3 TDI

I bought the car from repo auction and the previous owner had put gasoline in the tank. So my friend which is not a diesel expert (but he works as a mechanic at Lexus dealership) replaced the HPFP, 2 glow plugs, 1 fuel injection, timing belt and the fuel filter. The car only crank and does not start. When I put diesel spray on the intake then the car start. The car also has a p0087 code, glow plug lid on the cluster and can't pass 3000 rpm. If you have time please help.
Thank you.

Last edited:

94x

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2002 CTD w/12 valve, 2003 GTI w/ALH
Did you bleed the air from the rail and injector lines? Loosen the lines to the injectors 2 turns, crank, and when the bubbles stop, tighten the lines, clear codes, and the car should start.

92Estilo

TDI
Did you bleed the air from the rail and injector lines? Loosen the lines to the injectors 2 turns, crank, and when the bubbles stop, tighten the lines, clear codes, and the car should start.
I did not bleed the air, but I will try it today. Thank you.
Do you know if I need to calibrate the injector I replace on VCDS? this is what I read from this post
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/fuel-injector-and-valve-cover-removal-cjaa-cbea-2-0-tdi-engine/

Another question would be: Will changing low-pressure fuel pump and in-tank fuel pump effect whether or not my car start?
Thank you in advance

92Estilo

TDI
Update:

I think I bleed the air on Injector 1,3, and 4. I don't have a tool to reach Injector 2. I used VCDS #35 to run the fuel pump to push the air out of the injector. The car still does not start. I will update again when I buy the tool to open injector 2. What is the wrench size to open the Injector 2?
I talked to a mobile mechanic, he said it might be the timing is off after my friend installed the belt.
Thanks

Last edited:

92Estilo

TDI
Update:

I think I bleed the air on Injector 1,3, and 4. I don't have a tool to reach Injector 2. I used VCDS #35 to run the fuel pump to push the air out of the injector. The car still does not start. I will update again when I buy the tool to open injector 2. What is the wrench size to open the Injector 2?
I talked to a mobile mechanic, he said it might be the timing is off after my friend installed the belt.
Thanks
I finally was able to loosen Injector #2. I notice when I loosen the injector line, only injector 4 has pressured. Diesel also came out from the other 3 injectors but just dripping.

sportsmartcar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta sedan - 5sp - red, 2000 Jetta sedan, automatic -blue (sold) 2001 Jetta TDI 5sp -white 2000 Jetta 2.0 gasser automatic - black (used to rack up the miles for work)
P0087 is low fuel rail pressure. Check that all your fuel pumps are working properly.
Debbie