Adjust alarm motion sensor with VAG1551

RedT

Veteran Member
Does anyone know what has to be done to increase the sensitivity of the interior motion sensors in a 2001 Golf? I remember reading somewhere it could be done with the VAG1551, but I would like to know more details.
Thanks for your answers

IGotaTDI

I wasn't aware that there were interior motion sensors in a Golf....

My 2002 DEFINATELY does not have interior motion sensors... the only factory alarm feature is if they open a door, no glass break or motion as far as I know...

The theifs that got all my stuff knew that too... just broke a window, rolled the rest down and climbed through... no alarm ever went off....

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Remember those pesky Europeans enjoy much more options, Like TDI 150's with 4 motion, I'm sure they have a better alarm system too.

Sam

RedT

Veteran Member
Yes, my car's alarm has interior sensors. They are in the rear interior lamp clusters, and there are 4, one pointing forward and another pointing backward in each side of the car. They behave like my previous car (top aftermarket) alarm: when I test them I have to wave my hand a bit inside the car for them to trigger the alarm. I would like them to be more sensitive. I think it is possible, because some english guys said VW reduced the sensitivity to reduce false alarms