2015 Passat Value

schwiebert340

TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI
Hi all! I’m thinking about selling my 2015 Passat TDI SE manual. It’s in great condition with no scratches. I am trying to find a good price on it. I know manuals are hard to come by. The price I get from KBB is &13k. I believe that is low for having 53k miles. Any suggestions on where to go or if you have a value I would appreciate it. Thanks.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I think you'd do well to get $13K. As the buyback cars have made their way to the auctions, TDI prices have fallen. I imagine that yours is a relatively rare manual, and that it's probably in better condition than most of the buyback cars, but regardless that's your competition.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
13K sounds like a private party price for someone that doesn't want to unload it over a weekend.

I bet dealer trade in is prob more like 10K at most (you know, those manuals are tough to move according to every dealer under the sun).

did you buy it in 2015 or 2017?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There are quite a few manual 2015 Passat TDIs out there, I just checked Autotrader as well as a couple wholesale auction sites. Actually quite surprised there are as many as I found.

That said, retail of around $12k is probably realistic. 53k miles is NOT "low" considering how many of these cars have been sitting and have less than 20k on them and can be had for $14k or so. Great time to BUY one, not so great to be selling one.