TDI
2005.5 BRM 5-Speed, 2013 Golf TDI 6-Speed, 2011 Golf TDI 6-Speed
Will edit later

Last edited:

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
Here i asked what's left of wiring harness, what IP is on the engine, if the truck had hi steer installed, i

Last edited:

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
Build it yourself, you will only truly understand how everything works once you do that.
if the deal was right, what would you guys give for this. Realistically, the guys asking and I have not asked to go any lower. So far only detail on the truck.

I do plan on building myself still, but I could use a lot of his design to better my own as well as mimic that wiring harness.

Last edited:

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Time and money, drive someday? Or, money and drive now? Only you know, you might want to make up your mind soon if you are going to buy since you just advertised it.

jason_alh

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I would say that $7500 is a fair price, the tires and wheels are worth a lot by themselves. This deal might hinge more so on the condition of the Toyota body/frame rather than the TDI swap. There could be a lot of rust hiding behind the bondo repairs. But maybe you don't care about the cosmetics of the truck.

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
I would say that $7500 is a fair price, the tires and wheels are worth a lot by themselves. This deal might hinge more so on the condition of the Toyota body/frame rather than the TDI swap. There could be a lot of rust hiding behind the bondo repairs. But maybe you don't care about the cosmetics of the truck.
so the guy said that the truck didn't have rust on the frame and only rust on body was at bottom of fenders which he sent me a pic of. I'd of course take a magnet with me.

I did a very generous price break down and I feel offering 6k and hoping for the best may be what I try. I did let him know it may be this coming sunday before I can make a 4 hour drive one way to look at it.

as you can see I low balled most prices. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of money just in miscellaneous stuff. I'm a little nervous about project vehicles, but that's what the forums for.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
What it has for diff gears is another consideration toward expenses. Also gauges. You didn't add intercooler and associated plumbing either. I agree you are going low on your assessment.
To answer your question, I would definitely look at it from a serious, not curious mode.

jason_alh

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I think at the end of the day you would have to go there and test drive the truck to know exactly how well it runs and is set-up with the TDI swap.

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
What it has for diff gears is another consideration toward expenses. Also gauges. You didn't add intercooler and associated plumbing either. I agree you are going low on your assessment.
To answer your question, I would definitely look at it from a serious, not curious mode.
I'm starting to feel that, I need to discuss more on what he's feeling is a fair offer. Need to think how I should bring it up.

The diff gears are stock 4.10, makes me think it's open diffs as well, but I didn't ask. I haven't gotten photos of the interior yet sadly I need to message him some more. When I ride up there I'm definitely taking the money with me.

I think at the end of the day you would have to go there and test drive the truck to know exactly how well it runs and is set-up with the TDI swap.
I agree, I'm hoping it runs amazing, but I've never been in a swapped tdi truck.

I have driven the 3 TDis though, 2011 Golf Manual, 2013 Golf Manual, and now a 2005.5 BRM manual, and well the BRMs are definitely loud and less refined, and I know the ALH is even less refined than that so I expect clacking and lots of engine noise.

Like I said time to see if I can get someone to ride up there with me. Now to think of my strategy for negotiation if the guys even willing to budge.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Take VCDS with you. Run it through the gears and see how the boost controls work

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
Take VCDS with you. Run it through the gears and see how the boost controls work
That would be great if I had it.

I always knew i needed to invest in that.

Now I need to google those cheap amazon cables to see if I could get it by this weekend, or I guess I could ask if I can hook up an analog boost gauge since it has the hole right up top in his EGR delete.

I've never used VCDS is there anything that it would really tell me over the old analog style gauge?

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Get a cable from Ross Tech if you do. They may not support the cheap cables and you just waste your money. If it’s not running right it will go into limp mode so if you don’t have the VCDS it doesn’t really matter

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
it's pretty nice, I was expecting a crack in dash.
it also has a cracked windshield.

Last edited:

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
update, going to look this weekend.

Last edited: