Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
Post Updated 4/9/19:

2000 Jetta Sedan GLS - Black w/Leather interior
1.9 TDI - ALH
5spd manual
240k miles

Timing Belt: Last T-belt performed at 185,174miles with DieselGeek parts kit at Meyerhoff Auto Haus in Austin Texas in Nov 2010. Supporting paperwork included with car.

Upgrades:
Sprint PP520 Injectors
VNT-17 turbo
EGR delete + Race pipe
Kerma tune
Upgraded 5th gear (car runs at ~2050rpm @ 65mph, ~2200rpm @ 70mph)
Audi TT LCA bushings
DieselGeek Panzer Plate
Hidden Hitch with 4pin wiring harness
Monster Mats all around

Exterior:
It has some dings and dents and some sun spots on the hood & roof.
Rust free.
Overall a 7/10.

Interior:
Seats are a 10/10 - they look brand new. PO must have replaced them.
Headliner is a 6/10 - a couple of ugly places, liner from sunroof shade is missing, but other than that in good shape.
Rest of interior an 8/10. Broken armrest lid, along with the other usual things that you expect to break in these cars, but everything stays in its place.

Why am I selling it?
Short version - I currently have 4 cars. Almost a year after I bought this one, life decided that I needed a larger vehicle, so I bought one. If I had more space and a less twitchy HOA, I’d keep it.

Located in San Antonio, TX

Additional Info:
When I bought the car it was leaking oil, losing coolant and would overheat after 15min of driving. Tracked coolant leak to EGR cooler, so deleted that, then it would overheat in 20min. My Guru said most likely head gasket, so I pulled the head using the excellent write-up from myturbodiesel.com (sure enough - failed spot between 2nd & 3rd cylinders), had head inspected for damage/warping, came back with a clean bill of health, so reinstalled with parts kit from IDparts. Included with this was new upgraded Bosch glow plugs, new glow plug harness, and new OEM valve cover. (Timing was done by my VW guru)
Engine runs as it should, and oil leak is gone.
(There is a small amount of oil leaking from the turbo/intercooler junction, but not enough to leave any drops or drips on my garage floor. I left the panzer plate off for a couple of weeks to watch for oil dripping - none made it to the floor.)

Additional parts included with car:
-Hinges/Brakets to repair glove box
-ZeroStart Frostheater and plug cover
-Engine Mount Bolt set from IDparts
-Rear Shocks
-New Antenna
-Ultra Tow hitch mount & ball & 4pin connector (all from Northern Tool). Discovered wiring already installed after I bought this stuff and never took it back.
-Rear Shock mount (1) Sachs brand
-Spring from drivers seat (never reinstalled - there’s a write up on the forum for that fix)

I’ll update mileage as I continue driving it along with data from fill-ups showing fuel economy since the re/re of the head.

Last edited:

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
I can send you some pics as soon as I have time to take some. Been super busy with work lately.
Thank you for your patience!
I’ll send some pics to the provided email address as soon as I can get to it.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you send some photos to my email? I’m interested in the car ( Bthachad09@gmail )
Just sent pics to the supplied email address.

I will be constructing an ad for Craigslist soon, so pics will be available on that when I get that posted.

If anyone else would like pics before I can get that up, let me know either here or through PM and I’ll be happy to send those to you.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
The rear passenger seat had been folded down prior to taking the photos - those creases should ease out shortly.
The drivers seat is...well, I was driving it.
Didn’t include a pic of the front passenger seat - I thought I had. Must have over looked that one. Happy to send you a photo if you’re interested.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
UPDATE:
1. mileage now 80mi shy of 241k.
2. Just ran first full tank since head gasket replacement. Avg just over 47mpg
(644.0mi/13.679gal)

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
Price drop: $3500

Took it on a day trip to Corpus a few weekends ago. Car drives great! Hate to sell it but it needs to go.