Anyone have an experience with blaast performance turbos

Lowlifeindustries

TDI
Bagged jetta
Has anyone on here had any experiences with blaast performance turbo shop. It's a company from Quebec. He rebuilds turbo and has a few upgraded turbo options for the mk4 tdi. I've read a few reviews about the shop but nothing from the tdi seen. Mostly the Japanese car reviews. Most people have good things to say but I would like to hear from some the tdi guys.
He has the following big turbos
1856 for $850
2056 for $1100
2256 for $1200
He also sells the 17 and 17/22
The 2056 and 2256 are welded on to a stock manifold and have the new 13 vane vnt system. They also use a v band clamps for the downpipe
www.blaastperformance.com He only has the 2256 on his site but I've emailed him about the other
Here are a few pics of the 2256

RDC98tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta 6MT Prem / (RIP) '98 Jetta 5MT [280k+mi]
I had never heard of them so googled the name. Looks like they used to have a great rep on the honda forums about 6+ years ago. Lately, you will find mostly negative reviews of them sending incomplete gear or stuff that was not rebuilt properly, then they don't follow through with the warranty.

Also, your post seems kinda spammy. What's up with that?

Lowlifeindustries

TDI
Bagged jetta
I had never heard of them so googled the name. Looks like they used to have a great rep on the honda forums about 6+ years ago. Lately, you will find mostly negative reviews of them sending incomplete gear or stuff that was not rebuilt properly, then they don't follow through with the warranty.

Also, your post seems kinda spammy. What's up with that?
Yea that's what I read. I've emailed him several times and he has always seemed very helpful with providing info about his products. Hopefully someone on here has had his turbos with good luck Not sure why it seems spammy

Lowlifeindustries

TDI
Bagged jetta
and how long have you worked there/owned the place?
If I owned or worked there I would not be on here trying to find out info about the place. I'm looking to build a big turbo tdi and came across this shop. And was hoping to get some good feedback instead of wasting money buying poor quality parts.

Lowlifeindustries

TDI
Bagged jetta
Got a hold of a guy that had one their 1856v turbos and he told me that it was junk and not to buy anything from them
I'm starting to think its safer to just buy something from kerma or darkside

RDC98tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta 6MT Prem / (RIP) '98 Jetta 5MT [280k+mi]
Yea that's what I read. I've emailed him several times and he has always seemed very helpful with providing info about his products. Hopefully someone on here has had his turbos with good luck Not sure why it seems spammy
Because you mention a dealer's name, then post a listing of his turbos with pictures and prices. Surely you can see where it might seem like an ad. Guess I was misinterpreting you.

Anyway, the common theme in the past few years has been that he is a great salesmen, very helpful when you are shopping and has good prices. But when you buy, it's a crapshoot on the quality. If you get something bad, apparently he doesn't like to help you out.

Lowlifeindustries

TDI
Bagged jetta
I can kinda see that now. And like I said I have nothing to do with the company was just hoping I found a good deal but figured it was to good to true. Guess I'll be going with a 17/22 or a gtb