My Mk1 Rabbit in the UK

scotty_rabbit

TDI
Mk1 Rabbit TDI
Hi guys, Thought i would get a thread going. I am going to pick up my AHU Lump in a couple of weeks, its coming with everything except the pedal box and cable shifter. Everything else is coming....

Well here it is when i got it.

when i got it

after a clean

Mr friend helping out

I had to replace the rear penal as it was damaged,

Also a repair to a badly damaged sill.

And maybe the choice of wheels once the engines in

So..............

Next up is the engine. I will have loads of questions as its my first tdi conversion.

Just a couple to start.

If i dont use the cat, will i get errors codes that will make the engine run in limp mode??

Any ideas whats going to happen with the mounts? Its a 1.1C, so its got the drivers side mount further back than the GTI version....

Many thanks, Scott

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
You shouldn't get any errors without the cat ( I don't think you guys had those stupid temp sensors and such like we did on the early 1Z's). You'll probably have to fab some mounts or something. We never got the mounts like you guys have on your small engine cars...all of the cars on this side of the pond have mounts like you'd find on a GTI (Heron 1.6, 1.8 DX engine, etc.).

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
your cambelt side mount should fit, you will need to cut the cambelt cover.

For the other mounts you need something from any 5 speed Mk1/Scirocco, not 100% though! maybe custom if you use the cable change box!!

You have PM BTW!!