MN Chat Thread

A-Mark

TDI
03 Jetta
I'd be up for a GTG at some point, since I still haven't been able to make one yet. I's be interested in tinting as well...

I also have a few things I'd like to get taken care of, but I don't have a Garage... working in the cold is not the greatest, and so I end up putting it off. I have a new glow plug harness to put on....as well as i would like to take my starter out to clean and Lube it...it has been sticking every now and then. I would love some help with this.

socks

TDI
Blue Graphite 2006 Jetta 5sp, 0 pkg
I could go for a gtg soon as well. I will need to do my 30K maintenance in a few weeks and the build date was 03/06, so I should probably do the brake fluid as well. I have not done the brake fluid before so I could use some guidance there. I have to find out what I need for that...

I wish I would've been able to make the one in January. Looked like quite the gathering.

-socks

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i will be house-sitting at my parents for 2 weeks in april (not sure when at the moment). we have a un-heated garage that fits 2 cars, but only one car for work, and it's still kinda cramped on the front/rear end. but maybe the weather will be nice. it's a little ways off, but i could probably host a GTG then.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
I'm down with a cold, but MN Miser's place is pretty ideal, he has a lift and air, and heat etc. But I can't answer for him.

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
GTG in March

Lets plan a GTG on March 15th. Same deal as last time. Bring your parts and run point on your own repairs. Shop opens at 7:00am. PM for directions and let me know who and what repair so we can start a schedule for the day. -Mnmiser.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
MNmiser, Sounds I'm going to plan to come if I will have nothing to do that weekend.

Well if anybody will needed TB job, suspension, wheel bearing, manual swap or some other type repair done let me know ahead of time so I can plan what to work on at GTG.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
March 15th sounds great. Unless I have to do house shopping. My ex will get her belongings on March 7th. Anyone want to come over and watch. It starts at 1pm. I know most are working that time. But come when you can. She probably gonna be around till past 8pm as there is TOO much stuff.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
DeafBug said:
March 15th sounds great. Unless I have to do house shopping. My ex will get her belongings on March 7th. Anyone want to come over and watch. It starts at 1pm. I know most are working that time. But come when you can. She probably gonna be around till past 8pm as there is TOO much stuff.
Too bad I won't be able to come that weekend, I would love to come watch and get to know who she is.:)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
i'm planning on attending. this time, i *definitely* am going to be in the area! probably will just be there to hang out, not sure if i have any work to do. possibly a diesel purge and fuel filter change if i haven't done it already...

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Did you end up making a purge kit? You can use mine if you haven't...we'll have to adapt it to make it work with the lift pump but that's nothing a few fittings won't fix.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
greengeeker said:
Did you end up making a purge kit? You can use mine if you haven't...we'll have to adapt it to make it work with the lift pump but that's nothing a few fittings won't fix.
i have everything i need i think... except for a 3/8" -> 5/16" male-male adapter..

for the lift pump, i will simply disconnect it (under the seat)

Minnesota Mike

TDI
2002 Jetta 263,000.
I'll try and make it - especially if there's window tinting happening! Anybody know if you need anything special to change out the brake fluid? Always had the dealer do it, so??

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Minnesota Mike said:
I'll try and make it - especially if there's window tinting happening! Anybody know if you need anything special to change out the brake fluid? Always had the dealer do it, so??
Nothing really special about changing brake fluid. Best way is to get power bleeder will save you a lot of time and one person can do it. Also you can use regular brake bleeder auto parts store works fine too.

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
March 15 GTG Roster

** Note, GTG cancelled on March 15, changed to March 8th if folks can still come.

Steve-O -Skid Plate, Koni Reds, GP Harness
PRSA01- Small welding job.
waitin4mine- Oil & Filters- has key fob question.
Mnmiser- oil and all filters if I dont get to it before.
Burpod
Airfooter- Trans Fluid Change
Farmboy-tech talk
Losha- Hanging out.
Deafbug
Greengeeker
Spamjohnson- cause he is our Patriarch and never misses a GTG.
Minnesota Mike-Tinting
AMark- Tinting
cochranecustomes- tinting teacher?
Socks- oil change & brake fluid flush

Last edited:

passatmrb

Veteran Member
TDI
96 TDI Wagon
May send out the extra set of injectors for new PP520 nozzles. Anyone have a puller, slide hammer, if one would be stubborn. I will have to check out the date. Son was to be in FL for spring baseball around that time. I'll
see what works. Mike B

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Steve-O -Skid Plate, Koni Reds, GP Harness
PRSA01- Small welding job.
waitin4mine- Oil & Filters- has key fob question.
Mnmiser- oil and all filters if I dont get to it before.
Burpod
Losha - just helping others, no work needed
Deafbug
Greengeeker
Spamjohnson- cause he is our Patriarch and never misses a GTG.
Minnesota Mike-Tinting
AMark- Tinting
cochranecustomes- tinting teacher?
Socks- oil change & brake fluid flush

TDI
2003 Jetta
Contact GreenGeeker and MNmiser for a Timing Belt change

GreenGeeker and MNmiser just changed out my Timing Belt yesterday. They are teaming up to provide a TB service and I was their first customer. The Two of them are very detailed oriented and they will double check their work. And Two heads are better than one.

I would recommend them to any TDI owner.

Last edited:

MNmiser

TDI
'01 Jetta
points said:
GreenGeeker and MNmiser just changed out my Timing Belt yesterday. They are teaming up to provide a TB service and I was their first customer. The Two of them are very detailed oriented and they will double check their work. And Two heads are better then one.

I would recommend them to any TDI owner.

Thanks Points, it was our pleasure repairing your TDI.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Well I think I will try to make it that weekend as it would be great to see Brad and all I want to do on my car is redo the wiring for my EGT gage that has the 12VDC coming off my headlight switch so it only works when the headlights are on. Oh we could also add my Ebay key remote to the ECM/Instrument cluster accepted list.

I will PM MNmiser for the address info.

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf SE TDI 6spd 109k miles; '00 A4 NB 5spd 216k; '96 B4 Passat Sedan 220k
RE: March 15 GTG Roster

RE: March 15 GTG Roster - Good chance I'll show up to socialize & heckle . . . if I remember, I'll bring along my wax filled fuel filter for those that haven't yet seen gelling first-hand . . .

waitin4mine

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GL 5-Speed
Count me on for this one-coming back early from Louisville so I can be there. Only thing that might slow me down is any more of that crazy weather. :rolleyes:
Mary

Ps-now I need to find the cabin filter-is Vortex the place to order from?

Last edited:

th@nks

TDI
2002 golf GLS TDI
Hey all!

Just got a new (to me) 2002 golf GLS TDI!

I'm lookign to get the windows tinted! Can I get in on the GTG?

I also am a pretty capable TIG welder and could bring my setup if needed.

Please PM me with details! What will tinting cost me? I'd also really like to learn how to do it myself.

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
FYI, if you were planning on the MI GTG over Memorial Day weekend, it won't be Fowlerville. Marty has other commitments.