www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 10th, 2019, 06:00   #76
calimustang
Veteran Member

Theres one flat black 2003 wagon for $5700
With info copied and pasted..... not sure if this is reasonably priced.... (sorry to hijack) but this has tons of tasteful mods. I found several ALH Golf TDIís but rough or abused etc.

2003 Jetta Wagon TDI (ALH engine) 6 speed manual. Yes! It is a 6 speed! Runs and drives fantastic. Too much cool stuff to list everything so here is the highlights:
R32 airbox and snorkel, PD150 TIP and intake mani, Darkside intercooler, Borq Warner S-7 turbo (comparable to the 17/22) .260 injectors (professionally balanced), 11 mm injection pump, Colt stage 2 cam, 3Ē SS exhaust, Malone custom tune, 20th AE brakes, 312 mm fronts 256 mm vented rears with ceramic pads, Audi TT suspension, Southbend stage 2 endurance clutch and SMF, short shift kit.
Interior out of a 20th AE GTI. Headliner and all pillars have been redone.
6 speed trans code DRW . This is a long gear ratio so at 70 MPH you are at about 2k RPM. Very nice on the interstate. Double din headunit with backup camera, BT, Sirius etc.
164k showing on the clock, most of this work to include full timing belt kit done about 10k miles ago.
Bad stuff: Paint is OK, itís a satin black but there are some runs and blemishes and the roof is slightly different black than the rest of the car. Drivers seat is worn and has a broken bolster. Rear window is not tinted and the front tires are getting low on tread. Rear door latches are a little glitchy

I drove it to Dallas, Minnesota and Miami all on different trips and wouldnít hesitate to take it cross country.
Got a couple of new project cars and my son is now driving so I donít have to do soccer carpool anymore.

Call, text or email. I canít use my phone at work so I might not respond until after 4pm on weekdays but I will get back to you as soon as Iím home. Read Less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1989 Mustang GT and 89 Ocala FL SSP coupe 5.0 5MT
calimustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:01   #77
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Right now I'm talking with a seller that has a clean '05 GLS Wagon, 2.slow, automatic, 160K. Parked it 7 months ago and now can't get it started. Southern car, rust free, good paint, no accidents. Asking is $1K and no one's interested. That's a good swap candidate, I think.
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:05   #78
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Yep, except that technically it is not legal to put an ALH in a car newer than a 2003. So you may want to check for any registration hurdles you may have.
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:10   #79
calimustang
Veteran Member

Florida has no emission laws and such. No inspection so it will be ďlegalĒ here. The wagon i posted above was former auto based on the instrument cluster having automatic gear indicator. Dunno on the price tho. I cant wrench much due to bad back and neck from rear end accident in my old 2011 JSW TDI with almost 300k miles.

Old July 10th, 2019, 06:18   #80
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Yep, except that technically it is not legal to put an ALH in a car newer than a 2003. So you may want to check for any registration hurdles you may have.
Thought of that. I doubt anyone in MA will notice. Since I'd be writing a new title here I'd just have my agent put diesel in the fuel section.
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:30   #81
calimustang
Veteran Member

Looks like you are set. Good luck on that project

Old July 11th, 2019, 05:07   #82
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

Congratulation! Thatís really good to hear!

I just took my Ď05 on an 8300 mile drive-about. First, down to New Orleans, then out to San Diego, up to Big Sur, then out to Death Valley (where I cracked my oil pan with a rock I never saw!), caught it, repaired it, then on to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Sonoma, Memphis, Asheville, Raleigh, then back home!

Best tank: 800
Out west, going 95 all morning, 36 mpg
This car will last me until I get a Model Y in 2025!
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote