19 Wheels want to lower

dosel

TDI
MK6 Jetta TDI
I have a 2012 Jetta TDI with 19's. The tires do stick out a little bit from the fender and I want to lower about an inch or so and make 2 inches in the back to make it sit level.

What can I install to do this?

chaoscreature

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition
If you want to lower the rear more than the front by an inch, you might need something with an adjustable spring perch for either the front or the rear. Basically this will be a coilover type of kit, even though the name is a bit of a misnomer.

Since you have no camber adjustment and your tires already sit proud of the fenders you might have some rubbing issues... just a thought.

I am running H&R Sports and the car sits pretty level.

dosel

TDI
MK6 Jetta TDI
Is it possible to just drop the back an inch or so and keep the front stock? Without cutting of course

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
If you want to lower the rear more than the front by an inch, you might need something with an adjustable spring perch for either the front or the rear. Basically this will be a coilover type of kit, even though the name is a bit of a misnomer.

Since you have no camber adjustment and your tires already sit proud of the fenders you might have some rubbing issues... just a thought.

I am running H&R Sports and the car sits pretty level.
How do you like the H&R sports? What shocks do you have paired with them? I have a set for my JSW. Still trying to decide what are the right shocks. Was thinking Bilstein Sports or HD's.

chaoscreature

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition
I am running Koni Sport shocks with the H&R. I ran the OEM shocks for almost 40k miles with no issues, I just wanted something firmer. The Bilstein's are of course also very good shocks.