skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
funny, the towready web site says the #118646:

Fits Vehicle Style:Except GTI & Sportwagen Models

willie
on the diesel-sippin' Gulf of Mexico
It does not work on the GSW without modifications, which are fairly easy. I've had mine for a few weeks

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
What is the difference between the standard golf and the sportwagon for tail light wiring?
Same connector, but it is wired differently for a GSW. I would still go that route, and tap into the tow ready harness vs tapping into the factory wiring.

Lostyankee

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9L Golf, 2015 Sportwagen, 1979 300 SD
Curt Hidden Hitch

2015 GSW TDI hitch required modification. Holes did not line up. Arm that bolts to the wheel well is 1 1/2" low, had to make a spacer. All this work. DRAT!!!!! Vertical outer frame passenger side is too wide ...another spacer. Wheel well arm required drilling another hole GRRRRRRRR!

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
I like the Ecohitch better than Bosal mainly because of the chain connect accomodation and standard 2" square receiver ball mount compatibility. I already own a couple of 2" ball mounts. Of course it costs much less and made in the USA. And the installation looks great.

I ordered the eochitch with 2" reveiver. Probably will be at my door today.

I only wish Torklift fabricated it with extensions to bolt inside the frame tubes for additional strength. They are right behind the plate mounting spots where the Wesfalia and Bosal have extensions to bolt in, so no reason not to include the additional plate extension. I'd have happily paid another $50 for the added strength. Way too much trouble to modify the thing.

Last edited:

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Can somebody point me out which westfalia hitch I need for my golf SportWagen tdi '15?
Is it called the golf estate in Europe?

Thanks.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
Last edited:

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
https://www.westfalia-automotive.co...h__Default_/03_WAM_Katalog_2017_GB_OP_web.pdf

Look on page 246 of the pdf. The ones labeled Kit include the wiring. You need the kit without preliminary set up since a Canadian GSW probably isn’t pre wired for the module. My US Golf was not.

Removable Hitch by itself. 321 782 600 001

Kit with same hitch and trailer wiring 321 784 900 113
We don't have the "tow ready harness"?

My idea was to buy a t-connector kit and tap into the light wiring, add the brake controller and plug everything in a 7pin plug.

Like this one:

https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit...gen/Golf/2015/118646.html?vehicleid=201533837

Do the price seem legit? I don't know if the traduction is ok but it say 08-13

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00LG...i=CB192558960_AA75_QL70&keywords=321782600001

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
Usually If you buy from Amazon.de, they’ll remove the VAT, so the price will be 19% cheaper than what’s listed. You’ll then pay the shipping on top of that. You won’t see the real price until you start to check out.

As long as the part number is correct, I wouldn’t worry about what years Amazon thinks it’ll fit.

I really like the oem wiring, and it’s easy to adapt it to a fully functional US 7 way with functioning 12v power and reverse lamp outputs.

Edit: Amazon is no longer taking off 19% off. When I put in the cart, it shows up for €200 + €71 which ends up at $346 shipped.

Edit 2: Because of Brexit and the exchange rate, Amazon UK is cheaper than DE right now. The prices on both are way up since I bought my hitch and wiring in May.

Last edited:

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Usually If you buy from Amazon.de, they’ll remove the VAT, so the price will be 19% cheaper than what’s listed. You’ll then pay the shipping on top of that. You won’t see the real price until you start to check out.

As long as the part number is correct, I wouldn’t worry about what years Amazon thinks it’ll fit.

I really like the oem wiring, and it’s easy to adapt it to a fully functional US 7 way with functioning 12v power and reverse lamp outputs.

Edit: Amazon is no longer taking off 19% off. When I put in the cart, it shows up for €200 + €71 which ends up at $346 shipped.

Edit 2: Because of Brexit and the exchange rate, Amazon UK is cheaper than DE right now. The prices on both are way up since I bought my hitch and wiring in May.
Out of stock sadly
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZBQQNIQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

The Bosal seem to be very similar, might be easier/cheaper to obtain.
I want that clean westfalia wiring.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
https://www.idparts.com/bosal-swan-neck-trailer-hitch-mk7-golf-sportwagen-p-5570.html

Id Parts has the Bosal. Functionally it’s the same as the Westy. I might have ordered from them, but wanted the kit with the wiring.

I really want the kit to, but i just cannot justify the 900$...
And from what i read on another thread, the wiring need modification anyway.

The Bosal end up at 455$ maybe a 100$ more for the light converter. I already have a prodigy brake controler.